NEED HELP! TL1000R Opinions!

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Bugatti, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Bugatti

Bugatti Guest

So I going to look at a salvage 2000 Zuki TL1000R. Look brand new by the pics, owner says it runs like new.

Some tuning, ran the Vin# and got "No records" Carfax didn't come up with anything. Apparently he had it inspected, and it's good to go. $5,500... 9K on the clock.

Should I buy this bike? Would you buy this bike?

2. car54

car54 Guest

sure, why not? of course depends on condition. With a salvage title I would demand the seller allow me to trailer the bike to the nearest GMD Computrack and measure the bike to make sure its god good geometry. Otherwise, skip it. GMD charges like $150 to measure the bike and make sure the frame, fork, or swingarm isnt toast. thats a cheap price to pay to make sure you dont get fucked. "yeah, its fine, it just crabs down the road on windy days" :rolleyes:

3. Bugatti

Bugatti Guest

So I bought it!!!!!

TL1000R in my garage!!!! :eek:

It's nuts.. fast as hell, a little too much power off the line (hard to keep the front wheel down), endless amounts of torque, amazing twin sound. I fuckin love it.

Having some problems getting the registration.. DMV almost gave it to me, but I have to go get it inspected by CHP. I talked to this one guy he said the CHP check for stolen parts.

I also talked to this guy who bought a slavage and CHP found the engine was stolen. He got the bike back in 48 hours.

4. Chi_Town_GoD

Chi_Town_GoD Guest

fucking awesome, man.... i want a bike... :wtc:

5. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

I have one in my living room :o

You right, torque like a bitch. :bigthumb: