Need Help: Setting up a WMB54G with a Buffalo - DD-WRT Router.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mycophiles, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

I have a Buffalo WHR-hp-54 router flashed to the latest version of DD-WRT. I also have an older Linksys router running a micro version of DD-WRT. (If I need to use it as an access point). My real issue is bridging my Buffalo router with the Linksys audio bridge (WMB54G). I've been looking around on how to do this but would like some help if anyone has done this before. I've flashed the WMB54G to the latest firmware (if that helps).

I see an option in DD-WRT to create a bridge but I think that is only for other Routers to be access points.

Anyone have any input on this. I'd appreciate it.

2. Chris

Chris New Member

Are you looking to extend range or to be able to connect a device that only has a wired connection to the wireless router?

I have a Buffalo WHR-G125 as my main router in my office and an old Linksys in the living room that gives internet access to my first gen, no wireless, PS3. If thats what you want to to do you need to use a client bridge. These steps are what I used http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Bridged

Besides making sure the primary router is running in AP mode, which it probably already is, all the work is done on the secondary router.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  3. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Figured it out. There was new firmware. So far it seems I didn't need the bridge.