GUN need help regarding licensing in new york city, nj and pa

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by illmaticnyc, Oct 4, 2004.

1. illmaticnyc

illmaticnyc New Member

i travel a lot between these 3 states. any way i can transport my weapon to use at the range at various sites?

i live and work in ny but i go to pa a lot for work and recreational travel as well.

thanks!

2. Jefferson Darcy

Jefferson Darcy Ol' shit chest

you live in NYC?

what kind of gun do you want? do you want to carry (forget about if if u live in NYC) I am an NYC cop so I can explain alot of the crap you will have to go thru to you. NYC is one of the only places you actually need a license for a rifle or shotgun AS WELL AS pistols. outside of NYC you dont need a license for rifles or shotguns.

either way, you will have no problem bringing teh gun to PA. PA is a gun friendly state. NJ isnt. Before the new federal law that says they have to, they didnt even let us carry in their state.

3. illmaticnyc

illmaticnyc New Member

hey thanks for the info. i see you are a native staten island resident as well? i used to live in PA and it was very easy getting a gun. i just want to shoot, take the gun with me to the poconos and go hit up a couple of ranges there. i dont need to carry the gun. id like to keep it in my house and when i travel carry it with me to shoot at ranges. what do i have to do, how much, id like to purchase rfiles, pistols and shotguns. i just heard it was impossible to get licensed in nyc.

4. bkarle

bkarle M4 > *

In PA, you can have a legally registered gun in your car without a permit IF it is 1) unloaded and 2) if the gun is in the trunk, the ammo must be in the car or if the gun is in the car, the ammo must be in the trunk 3) the gun must be in plain view - cannot be concealed in the glove compartment or under the seat, etc.

5. Jefferson Darcy

its not impossible to get licensed. Ite easier and cheaper for rifles and shotguns (and not really necessary - more on that later). Pistols is a bit more of a pain in the ass but its not taht bad... you can go to the 122 or whatever is the closest pct to you and pick up the paperwork. It IS basically impossible to get a CARRY permit. What you want is a target permit (which allows you to buy a pistol and have it in your house and take it to the range)

As for rifles and shotguns... YOU DO NOT NEED A PERMIT TO PURCHASE AND OWN ONE OUTSIDE OF NYC even if you are a NYC resident. So if you have a friend or relative outside of NYC, keep it there, its perfectly legal Just dont get caught with it in NYC (its actually only a violation if you do tho... but you will be arrested). PLus NYC has a HORRIBLE assault weapons ban. Way worse than the now dead federal one and the NYS one (which is exatly the same as the NYS one) so if you buy and keep your rifles out of the city you can have cooler stuff.

I'd suggest you go that route for the rifles, buy in long island or upstate, keep at a friends house in those areas or in PA, and then apply for your pistol permit.

6. illmaticnyc

illmaticnyc New Member

thanks! what precinct are you at? can i buy a rifle in another state or must i buy it in ny? but if i want to keep it in my house in ny then i must get licensed correct for a rifle? i used to have a mossberg 500 but i sold it before i moved back to si from pa.

as for handgun why is it so hard to get a carry permit in nyc? the target permit. does that allow me to leep it in my house for self defense? thanks!

7. Jefferson Darcy

I'm not in SI I'm in Bklyn... 62 pct.

You can buy in another state, but only thru a private sale like at a gun show or something. The other way to buy something out of state is to have it sent to a local dealer from the out of state seller... the local dealer handles the transfer.

Yes, if you want to keep it in your house within city limits you need a rifle permit.

Its so hard to get a carry permit in NYC because NYC has historically been, is now, and always will be run by a bunch of corrupt unamerican scumbags who believe their lives, and, the lives of their political cronies and the "elites" are more important than yours.

Basically unless you are a retired cop (and they would probably prefer if even they werent allowed to carry), a political "somebody" or rich/famous, forget about a NYC carry permit. Other parts of NY will give out carry permits to the peasants, some places easier than others, but they are NOT VALID in NYC. A NYC permit is valid statewide, but permits from outside of NYC are not valid in NYC... how gay is that?

and, yes, a target permit allows you to keep the pistol in your house, and to transport it to and from a range unloaded in a box.