GUN Need help regarding HK USP

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by amill94, Apr 18, 2007.

1. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

I was looking for a new gun to start carrying. I tried alot of different ones, and the HK USP c fits my hands alot better than the others I've tried or had for carry. I was more specifically looking at the USP compact .45. I can't find one anywhere around me without ordering. My main question is, I guess there are around 9 different variants regarding the safety setup along with sa/da setup. I was under assumption that the gun operated as double action for the first round and then sa for the remainder of the magazine. However, I was told there are many other options to this. Some variants are sa only...some are da every shot. Anyone that was a usp, what configuration do you have and do you happen to know the variant? Again, I was under the impression they were all da then sa. Then I noticed some have a decocking for the safety, and some don't? Holy shit, I'm confused as hell. What I want is to be able to carry the gun set to to with just the safety on. Do I want the decocking safety then? Sorry for all the questions just want to see what everyone has and likes.

2. Gimik

Gimik New Member

the variants all have to do with what the "control lever" does, and what side it's on. There are 9 variants, and then you can add different triggers as well (DA/SA, DAO, LEM, etc.). I don't think you can add a SAO trigger, and I don't see why you'd want to honestly.

I think the optimal variation is V1 (right-handed safety + decocker) with the DA/SA trigger. This is how most USPs come. In this variation, you can carry the USP in condition 1 (cocked and locked) and get the feel of a SAO trigger (like a 1911), but also have the second strike capability.

If you scroll down a bit in this wiki, you can see all the different variants.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HK_USP

3. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Ok, the Variant 1 is what most places list as what they mainly carry. That sounds like the one I'm looking for. I'm having a hard time finding the gun in stock. Does anyone know if HK is going through a model change or update? I only found one place that can get one in the next few days. Most places say their supplier is out of stock.

Here is another question while I'm at it. I have a 9mm glock I wanted to carry, but after owning a 1911, I would like to carry something larger than 9mm. Most places have the USP c in .40, but I'm not too sure about that round. Many people I've talked to say its a good round or terrible round. I'd like to stick with .45 since I own another gun in that caliber and I won't have to start buying another caliber for this gun. What do you guys think of the .40? I would like to start carrying, and plan to carry this gun.

4. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

My friend just got his HK P2000SK V3. His first shot is a DA and the rest are SA. Or, he can make it SA all the way. I like the DA/SA setup more for a carry gun as you need to squeeze the trigger to pop off the 1st round. His gun also has the decocker too.

5. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I had to call around a few places to find a USPc.45 - they seem to be kind of rare :dunno: No idea about the rest of that stuff though.

6. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

my local shop as about one of them at any given time

7. MTech

MTech New Member

they're always out here too... Got the CT :naughty:

8. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I still don't understand the appeal of the CT. It's just the extended barrel and o-ring, right? Did they finally get the raised sites on them?

9. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I think H&K are pushing the DAO models so their .45's might be running low.

I used to carry the .45C but didn't like the low capacity so I switched to the 9mmC. Pretty good gun and I love the positive safety.