Need Help. Reformatting PC

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by blocparty2005, Oct 29, 2008.

1. blocparty2005

blocparty2005 New Member

So I'm kinda new at reformatting computers, i did it last night and i installed all my drivers, and my graphics card and what not, but my computer is saying that it's running at 2.1 Ghz and it says i have only have 1 G of ram, but i actually have 2 sticks in there that are 1G each and before i reformatted it, it,was running at over 3.0 Ghz. ??? can ne1 help me brotha out??? Do i need to go into bios and overclock my proccessor??? or what please can someone help a brotha out:bowdown:

2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

When you say that the computer is saying this and that what exactly do you mean? the BIOS or the OS?
    If it's the OS then check with the BIOS to see what it reads your CPU speed has and how much RAM you have.
    If they are both reading the same then maybe there is something wrong with your mobo.
    If it's just the OS then there is something wrong there, but I would double check with a LiveCD OS like Knoppix or Ubuntu and see what they say.

Formatting the drive should have any affect on how fast your CPU is or isn't or how much RAM you have.

What exactly did you use to format the drive anyway?

3. blocparty2005

blocparty2005 New Member

4. blocparty2005

blocparty2005 New Member

when i looked under system in control panel it said i only had 1g of ram and my processor is lower than it was before i installed sp3

5. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

I would load your bios, do default settings just make sure the time and date is correct. Make sure your ram is seated properly and your processor is tight in the socket. And get a legit copy of windows, pirated copies are cool and all but their really a pain in the ass to keep updated because of WGA.

6. blocparty2005

blocparty2005 New Member

alright thanks, where can i get a good copy of windows sp3?

7. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116511

right there. if you ask any questions about where to get a stolen copy of XP, your thread will most likely be locked. they don't support piracy on this forum. there's a sticky about it and everything.