A&P Need help pricing some licenses.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CornUponCob, Nov 30, 2007.

1. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

I've been shooting US Short Course Nationals here at Atl GA the past two days. Prelims as a second shooter for a guy selling prints, and finals for the facility and school newspaper.

Today after the prelims session a representative from TYR (they sell suits, they compete with speedo) asked me about getting some shots of some of their athletes (8 swimmers) wearing their suits doing various things.

TYR does not have a photographer at this meet. Currently, I've only seen two other photographers, one from Getty, the other from AP, although neither of them are shooting the TYR guys that need to be shot.

The images she said would / could be used for their website (which I looked at) and possibly some advertisements in some swimming magazines.

I told her I'd be willing to sell different licenses depending on usage. I know that they'd pay an ass-ton more for an advertising license than anything for web use. She said either she or somebody else would contact me after they saw online proofs.

My question you all... How deep do you think their pockets are? I have never done a negotiation on the price of a photo licence. I could make a lot of money here if I don't fuck up. I had been borrowing a friend's 300 2.8, but it wasn't giving me the output I wanted, so I rented the 200 1.8 again. I am confident I can get all the shots they want at a very high level of quality.

TYR just released their new line of suits, and this is the first large meet they've been used in. I'm sure they're itching for pictures.

Thoughts?

2. natelam

natelam New Member

3. Tedrzz

Tedrzz New Member

enough to buy you a 200 f/1.8

:)

4. CRC

CRC New Member

:eek3: @ some of those prices. That's awesome. Fuck the lowballers