A&P need help picking a point and shoot

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by allen2oo3, May 19, 2005.

1. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 New Member

i just sold my f717 so im looking to buy a new camera. i loved the manual options of the 717 but i ended up missing a lot of great photo opportunities because i didnt have the camera with me...it was just too bit to take everywhere.

with the new camera it must be pocket size. i know everyone will say the a95 but i think its just a little too bulky to fit in jean pockets. any advice on a camera that meets my needs?

sd400, optio 5i, sony t1 (t3, t7)
    what are your opinion on the above cameras? someone mentioned that the sd300 had some problems with the lcd cracking for no reason. does this happen to a lot of them or was this jsut a freak accident?

2. sony

sony Active Member

s50/70 is a bit smaller than a95 and has manual options. :dunno:

3. unrealii

unrealii professor of plant biology

the canon s series are nice, but they are pretty big and not point and shoot. If you are strongly considering a sony t-series, I would look at a casio exilim over those...unless you already have memory stick duo media. The only thing I hate about my exilim z55 is the lack of manual features which I only miss 1% of the time.

4. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 New Member

top of my list is the sd400. ive played with it a bit at bestbuy and liked what i saw.

next is the optio. i had the optio s which it first came out. i loved the size but the pic were only average. the price is also much lower for the optio5i which is always a plus.

the sony is last on my list.

5. sony

sony Active Member

The s series is point and shoot to me. :mamoru: