A&P Need help picking a new camera. *PICS to help for recommendation*

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by spahndirge, Mar 21, 2008.

1. spahndirge

spahndirge Scumbag Member

I've been taking photos for about 3 years now, I've been happy with my powershot g7, but it's broken now :wtc:. So, I'm left with a conundrum....

I'm going to buy a canon 450D in about 6 months, I want a good compact until then.

I've been looking at dpreviews, and I'm still unsure what to get. I was looking at the canon G9 because I don't want to take a step down and be disappointed with a cheaper compact to keep me going, but if I buy the G9, I'm going to have to skimp on lenses for the 450D.

Is there a cheaper(ish) compact camera similar to the G7 I could buy and be happy with, or should I just bite the bullet and get a G9 and scrimp on lenses for the 450D when I get it? Here's some pics I took....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance for any advice :bigthumb:

2. mojito

mojito New Member

s3IS, s5IS

or get a g9 then sell it later

3. spahndirge

spahndirge Scumbag Member

I checked out both and I'm impressed, but the two things that wouldn't make me jump at them are the size and the price difference isn't enough to switch to a lesser camera :(

Maybe I'm being too picky because I'd like to get a similar camera, but cheaper and smaller :hsughno:

I think the more I look around, I'm just expecting too much :wtc: