Need help on what to buy. (Scottwax)

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Trix0r, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Trix0r

Trix0r New Member

Well, a month ago I bought the Meguiar's burgundy line Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, Polish, and Wax. I was very happy with the shine and smoothness, but I didn't like it that none of the tiny little scratches and white lines on my car and roof did not get off. Now, I don't want to throw the wax away, but I am willing to buy brand new polish and Swirl remover just to fix up the tiny little scratches.

Since in your product list you listed a lot of different products. Can you please tell me what Meguiar's Products I should buy, because that's the only proffessional line of car care that I know there's a supplier of near me. (Canada).

If you could just tell me what good Meguiar's Polish to get rid of small scratches and blemishes in the clearcoat. A swirl remover to get rid of some of the swirls and a Polish to get rid of the deeper scratches and some Fine Sandpaper marks from sanding touch-up paint.

Thanks a lot of help scott, this is really a good place to look up info. I did a search and couldn't really find a related topic, but I PM'ed you and you told me to post here.

As a side note, these polishes and waxes are safe to use by hand right?, because I don't have an electric buffer and I don't trust the body shops around here to buff out my scratches.

THANKS!

2. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

I am not Scottwax so I guess I shouldnt reply even though I own my own detailing company. Lamer.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Meguiars Swirl Remover #9 is a good light polish. Not strong enough to remove serious defects, but it will remove light scratches and swirls. If you need something stronger, then Dual Action Cleaner Polish would work well, but you will have to order it or find a Meguiars pro products distributer in your area.

You can use both by hand, but I will warn you ahead of time, it will be a workout!

4. Konowl

Konowl New Member

Hey scottwax, I did DACP over the weekend by hand, not nearly has hard as I thought. Question though... are you supposed to use a foam pad, and how much pressure do you use to apply? I used a fair bit of pressure with a foam pad, didn't come out too bad but left some marring.

Need some pads for this damn PC.

5. Konowl

Konowl New Member

:greddy2:

Relax, scottwax is very knowledgable. I'm sure you are too, but he runs the forum, posts a lot etc etc etc, so naturally people migrate to him for an opinion. Must be pretty annoying actually... :eek3:

Scott's dah man man, chill! :bowdown:

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

When using DACP or Swirl Free, they work best by hand if you use a folded terry cloth towel (fold into 1/8ths size) so it forms a thick pad so you can apply even pressure. Refold after each section you work.

7. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Easy man. I've been posting here for a year and a half, and I've never seen you before. How is someone new just supposed to magically know that you own your own detailing company. We're all just hanging out, giving each other advice. Ease up.

8. milani

milani "The best activities for your health are pumping a

Try 3M Swirl Mark Remover. They have a formulation for light and dark cars. It is good for light swirls and scratches, mostly due to mild abrasives and fillers, but if you have heavy swirls, a more powerful abrasive may be needed.