Need Help Office 2003 Mail Merge

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by IslanderOffRoad, Apr 30, 2008.

1. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

I'm trying to merge an excel sheet into word for some billing. Office 2003, Vista OS.

When I browse through, get the data source, and hit OK, it thinks for a minute, then comes up with nothing, and doesn't give me an error message. The data I was looking for is also unavailable.

This only happens with 1 specific sheet of 1 specific workbook, if i try any other sheet, it works fine.

what within a sheet would cause this problem? I had some co-workers who changed some shit on it since the last time I did billing, and I'm thinking something they did is causing the error. I unfortunately don't know the sheet well enough to find it easily.

2. blackrockbrig

blackrockbrig OT Supporter

whenever ive used mail merge i make sure to clean up all the data in excel big time. but it depends on what type of you're working on (step one of the mail merge asks you to specify between 'letters', 'email messages', 'envelopes', 'labels', and 'directory'. amirite?) what type applies to your situation? (some types are more finicky than others in terms of how clean your excel spreadsheet needs to be prior to importing it.)

3. blackrockbrig

blackrockbrig OT Supporter

really? that's awesome. glad you fixed it on your own dude. (?)

4. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

no need to be sarcastic.

i worked around it by copying the data to another sheet and then re-doing the merge.