Need Help - Motorola V300

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by compactFireman, Dec 5, 2004.

1. I recently purchased an unlocked Motorola V300 off of e-bay with upgraded V600 software. When I place my SIM card in the phone it asks for a subsidy password.

I contacted the seller who told me to talk to the company that unlocked and upgraded the phone. I emailed them and they came back saying there is a conflict between the phone and my SIM. They want me to bring it in and pay them 25$ to have the block removed from my SIM or phone. But the problem is I live thousands of miles away.

I don't really know much about phones. Did I get ripped off? Is there any other way I can fix the problem? Or should I just resell on ebay hoping whoever I sell it to doesn't have the same problem?

2. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

you bought a phone that is locked to a tmobile. you'll have to pay someone to have it unlocked

3. how do I know if it is unlocked or not?

the ebay auction clearly stated that it was unlocked

it was actually originally a rogers AT&T phone and I'm trying to use my Fido SIM card. The person who sold it to me says that it has to be unlocked because that's the only way you can upgrade it to the v600 software?

4. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

well if you put your sim card in and it asked for the subsidy sim unlock code then its locked.

5. hmm, i should get my money back

you are the second person to tell me this

but the seller keeps on telling me that it's unlocked

6. beave

beave Housin Beers & Buildin Dams

threaten with a ebay complaint and negative feedback get yourself a refund