Need help installing automatic starter system on manual crx si

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by crazy__mike, Feb 27, 2002.

1. crazy__mike

crazy__mike Guest

I would like to get one of those starter systems for our car. I believe it made by bull frog, or something company like that. It allows me to start the car from 500 feet away. Does anyone know a good brand to get? What is needed to install them correctly? Is this something I can do myself? I have some experience in stereo install. How much it should cost? How do I
    disactivate the clutch system. It will be going on a manual, crx si with a zc swap if that matters. I understand
    the danger involved if I leave the car in gear. But I never do that, and no one drives my car.
    So any help you can give me would be great.

thanks in advance
  2. Mikel

Mikel .

May 17, 2000
    You will have to omit the neutral safety switch. Other than that I believe it's just a solonoid that jumps power to the starter. I will copy this thread to the electronics forum, I'm sure one of the car audio guys there can tell you in detail the specifics of the installation.
  3. AcuraTL

AcuraTL Old Member

Mar 14, 2000
    I agree, one day, you will park you car pointing down hill and forgets to turn your wheels towards the curb and have your car in 1st gear. You are then 500ft. away at Starbucks waiting for your mocha, and you accident hit the remote start button. Next thing you know, you'll see your car flying downhill and potentially killing someone. That's a big liability issue right there.