WEB Need help identifying a position/salary need

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TekDragon, Dec 2, 2007.

1. TekDragon

TekDragon Guest

I would ask my website developer but he's out of town for the weekend, was hoping someone here could help me. I need the info for a budget projection.

I need to hire someone that can help maintain a website that offers digital media uploading, downloading, and transactions. The person will be tasked with keeping the website running smoothly and doing data entry.

What would the job title be for this type of person?
    What would the salary be?
    Would it be possible to outsource this type of job to India?
    Do you know how much that outsourcing would cost, roughly?

2. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Have you punched a donkey today?

Is there anything else that they will be doing? Will they be working code at al. or making any graphics or anything like that or just purely updating the site via the admin portion of your site.

Also, where do you live? Salaries depend on where you live.
    India - You could definitley outsource it but if it's really simple like you have mentioned above, you could easily get a High School student or College Student to do this.

Outsourcing to India can be around 10-15.00/hr.

My suggestion, come up with what you want them to do. Go to a local college or put call the local high school and put out an ad for "Web Intern". Pay them about 8-10.00/hr depending on how many hours a week and be done with it.

3. TekDragon

TekDragon Guest

Awesome, thanks for the help. And no, they won't be messing with code or website development. The website will be developed for the first stage of business and will go to a professional developer for adjustment when we expand to other services.

4. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Have you punched a donkey today?

Cool. I think a "Web Intern" could work out really well for you..