Need help I cant loose anymore weight

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by gergrx7, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gergrx7

gergrx7 Hate it or Love it

Need help I cant lose anymore weight

Last summer i decided i really needed to loos some weight, I was 5' 8" 210lb so i started running alot and watching what i ate. Around February of this year i dropped to 160 and ever since then i have stayed at that weight. In march i started doing a Fitday and cutting my calories to around 1500 per day with around 200g of protien. Since i have been doing this i have noticed no more weight loss. I am also working out 5 days a week with a chest/tri one day back/bi the other day.

My main goal is to lose the fat and become a more musclar. Ive been browsing F & N for a while and im unsure what i should do. Should i keep dieting or should i bulk up and build more muscle before i cut again?

Here is a typical day for me

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2006
  2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

5'8" 160 is a good size if you have low bf%... if you want to be huge you'll want to bulk... Can you find out your bodyfat %? that would help a lot.

Only thing I can tell you for sure is keep eating clean healthy foods and getting plenty of protien... 200g seems like a lot to me but do what you like. Other thing I can tell you for sure is you'll have to do more than upper body workouts in order to gain muscle mass, and if you get a huge upper body it will look silly and could cause injuries not to have other parts of your body strengthened as well (primarily midsection, but who wants a huge trunk and skinny little legs)

Slow your cardio down to every other day (or three days a week if you want to take a total rest day) and up the lifting to whichever program you see fit to work your whole body. Read the stickies to see which one you feel best suits your situation and goals.

3. Devil

Devil I have become my terror. OT Supporter

4. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

+1..

I'm going through a similiar phase.. I've ben lossing weight since December 28th.. and I hate a plateau.. I've been sitting at 204 (down from 236) for a bout 6 weeks and can't get out of it.

Some have given me advice to sit at maint cals for 2 weeks or so, and then start the diet again. I'm on week 2, but now injured and can't workout, so I'm immediately going back to diet because of not being able to workout.

5. KenKaniff

KenKaniff Guest

Metabolic Slowdown.

Time for glycogen loading.

Take 2 days, eat 2.5x your current calories, with the %75 of those cals coming from starchy carbs. Once carbloading is complete, return to your normal diet.

6. Sgt. Ownage

Sgt. Ownage you gon' be just fiiiine

refeed and stop listening to motion city soundtrack

7. DatacomGuy

I need to read more about refeeding and carbloading.. Any recommended foods? Maybe this would help me as well..

8. Sgt. Ownage

Sgt. Ownage you gon' be just fiiiine

dude anyone here that isnt hypo should be carb cycling...you never hit plateaus and its and easy diet

9. DatacomGuy

I've never carb cycled.. :hs:

10. KenKaniff

KenKaniff Guest

Personally, I carb cycle with foods like whole wheat pasta, bran muffins, whole wheat bread, banana's etc

Try to keep it as clean as possible.

11. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

lose, not loose

12. DatacomGuy

Clean out your PMs.. :hs:

I really never followed the carb cycling, and I've never really monitored my carbs either (i knew roughly where they lie, but never really kept them strict).

How are you doing it? 5 day "lower" carb, 2 days "higher" carb?

13. KenKaniff

KenKaniff Guest

Will do, in a sec.

Pretty much. 5 Days 75 grams max.

2 days 300 grams on both days, so 600 total.

food for thought:
    3 honey bran muffins from dunkin donuts will net 300 grams of carbs and 1500cals in one sitting :noes:

14. DatacomGuy

That's a lot of fucking calories. I'm trying to cut, not get fat again! :o

When you say 5 days, 75g max, you're talking 75g daily, right?

15. gergrx7

gergrx7 Hate it or Love it

thanks i will try that, so i go low protien only 25% of calories come from fats + protien?

thanks i hope this works, plateaus suck

Last edited: May 11, 2006
  16. Jam_Master_J

Jam_Master_J New Member

If you cant lose weight eating what you have listed there and doing cardio for an hour each day, your either lieing, cheating, or your thyroid is busted.

17. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I'm not sure what your routine is like, but be sure to break a sweat and drink a lot of water while you're working out. Or what I mean is to work out hard enough to need to drink a ton of water.

And how much activity do you get other than in the gym? If you sit around all day try to get in 1-2 hours of some other kind of low impact activity.

Or if your metabolism has just shut down, try eating at least 2k Cals for the next 1-2 weeks before going back to cutting.

18. DCyamaha

DCyamaha O-line found

I just try to take in low GI carbs everyday. fat loss is verrrrry slow. so i gotta be doing something wrong...i dunno.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.