Need help, hope to detail this weekend

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by egotrip, Aug 20, 2004.

1. egotrip

egotrip Submit

First off, hello! I'm a no0b to this forum so please be nice. :hs:
    Anyway, I haven't washed my car in a while, been lazy and now I'm going to pay for it. She's a white 97 accord, I drive about 50 hwy miles every day and it's showing.

When I was keeping up with it I was using the 5 step Mother's products and that was good, but it's time to get hard core. So I kinda want to go all out. I don't have any buffers or anything, just some rags, a bucket and some cash to go get some products. What do I need to get and what steps do I need to take to get that white back to a eye blinding brightness?

If you need pics I'll get some when I get home today after work. I'm going to take some anyway cause I want to have some before and afters.

Thanks.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

First things first, have you gone through the product list, product review and swirl removal by hand stickies yet? Those three should answer most of your questions.

If your car has the original paint, it is a single stage (no clear coat) paint job so after you detail it, you will really need to stay on top of it after that so it doesn't begin to oxidize.

Go through the stickies and any questions they don't answer, post them here and we can go from there.

3. egotrip

egotrip Submit

yeah, I did read through them before I posted. Guess I wasn't really thinking this morning. Really what I want to know is what would be best for white.

When I use the mothers products they get it clean and bright, but doesn't have that mirror/glossy look. I know that's probably gonna be hard to get with white, but just thought I'd ask.

And yeah, it's the original paint, but she cleans up pretty well.