Need help finding a enclosure for a Resonant Engineering SE 12" sub

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Little Spunky $#!T, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Little Spunky $#!T

Little Spunky $#!T :cool:

The sub I have in mind is a Resonant Engineering SE 12" (www.respl.com). The cutout diameter for this sub is 11 1/8". The box I am looking at (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-KOJJZa...1&g=178650&id=features_and_specs&i=044QLTCL12) has the cutout diameters of 11 3/16". So basically this box is 1/16" too large. Will this make much of a difference, or can I still mount this sub?

Also, the depth of the sub is 6.75" and the box is exactly 6.75". Is this ok? Or should I find a box that has a little more depth.

I'm havin a hell of a time finding a box to fit this sub, because I need the box to be small enough to fit behind my seat in my Chevy 00 Reg. Cab.

If this will not work, or there really isn't an enclosure to fit this 12" with my need for a small ass box, I could settle with the resonant's se 10". And please post some box recommendations for it

Last edited: Apr 27, 2004
  2. Little Spunky $#!T

One more question, anyone know how much that sub costs?

3. 04

04 Guest

The cutout diameter is fine, but you need an enclosure with at least 1 more inch of clearance behind the driver. What is the internal airspace for the enclosure you are thinking about?

4. Little Spunky $#!T

Here is the link to the enclosure:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-KOJJZa...cs&i=044QLTCL12

5. 04

04 Guest

6. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

mine were $184 each, shipped to FL

for box size, I believe you can go as low as .8 cu ft each, sealed. 1 cu.ft or more would be optimum.
    you will see a huge increase in output in venting them, but you'll need at least 2 cu ft net box volume, before sub and port displacement. Sub displacment is .15 cu ft., port volume would probably be around .8 cu ft using at least 30 sq in. of port area. In other words, probably too big for your truck without making a blow-through

Last edited: May 9, 2004