need help designing my new system

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Surgie, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Surgie

Surgie Mein Führer, I can walk!

I've come to the decision to sell most of the stuff I currently have in the truck and go for a more SQ oriented system (currently it's straight SPL). I was thinking about getting a pair of IDQ 12s and focal polyglass 165v3 for my component system (midbass in the door, midrange + tweet in kickpods most likely). Need some help picking amps though, looking for y'alls recommendations. Any comments are appreciated as well :)

Oh, and budget for amps I'd like to keep close to or under a grand (that dosn't include the subs & comp set).

2. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

crossifer are a pretty good value for the money
    the new brax helix are a little more

3. Surgie

Surgie Mein Führer, I can walk!

I'm looking at that Crossfire VR804, looks like it'd fit my needs perfectly. Can use the front channels to run the component set and then bridge the rear channels for the sub(s). My other question is how much power do the IDQ's like to take? Crossfire's site says it puts out 400w bridged @ 12.5 volts (so it'd be bit higher than that in reality). Would I be better off sticking one IDQ on that back channel or getting 2?

4. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

id probay stick with just one ro else get a second amp with more power jsut for subs then add two subs