Need help deciding what brand cables to buy

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by El Beaner, Jan 10, 2005.

1. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

Ok so this is what I need help with. My GF wanted to buy me a new DVD player/home theatre system. So for Christmas she did. It was used and works perfect, only thing is no f'n component video outputs. It's ok though, it does have S-video output and until I get money for a good receiver this will do (have to save up money for wedding and honeymoon)

So I want help in finding what brand best to use for the S-video and audio out put. I have been looking at Monster THX certified cables but not sure if there is anything better out there for the same price if not less. I know what most people say, Monster is over priced but when you ask most people what cables they use, they say Monster.

As a side note also, I want to pick up component video cables for my Xbox(since I will no longer be using the tv component video hookups for my DVD player) Who else other than Monster makes good cables?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I bought the RCA digital cables because they were cheap (<$20) and I honestly cannot tell a difference between them and monster.

3. canadam

canadam Guest

Don't fall into the Monster Myth is what I've learned from my research.

Acoustic Research builds the RCA and Radioshack Premium level cables.

I my self are waiting for some unbadged, 7mm w/ 24kt gold end cables from www.cablewholesale.com my system isn't high end enough to worry about having 5 thousand dollars worth of cable.

4. SilverJettaGLX

SilverJettaGLX OT Supporter

5. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

anyone know anything about knukonceptz.com ? I bought my stuff from them and it seemed like it was some pretty high quality.

6. YesterdaysGone

YesterdaysGone Iced Out Platinum Member

acoustic research is good stuff. monster is ovverpriced... i use AR products in professional applications, and they work fine.