Need help creating a website

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Brotato, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Brotato

Brotato And by bro I mean never my bro

I have to create a website for my English 2123 class in Microsoft Sharepoint. I know that most of yall would rather do it in notepad or whatever, but I can't do that and don't have a choice anyway.
    What I need help with is embedding music into it. The website will not be published on the web, just viewed as a website offline by the professor to be graded. How would I go about embedding music on it? Thanks

2. dissonance

dissonance reset OT Supporter

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  3. Brotato

Sorry forgot to specify. Yes, I meant it as background. So with that HTML I just insert the sound file where 'clip.wav' is? And can I use an mp3? Also, can I put that anywhere on the page or is there a specific spot?

4. dissonance

Yes and yes. I think it's technically supposed to be within the head section but it should work anywhere. The only thing is that it doesn't matter. With just that simple html, there are no controls for the viewer of the page nor anything else visible relating to the sound.

EDIT: And feel free to change the loop value.

And you replace everything withing the quotes in the SRC part... just like any other link/source reference.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  5. Brotato

[​IMG]

What am I doing wrong? I am not good with computer:wtc:

That's how it shows up when I view the website. All of the code is still there.

6. Brotato

Basically, I need a way to get a song that is saved on my computer to play on this website when it is opened on another computer. No web servers, no hosting, nothing fancy. And this shit sucks

7. dissonance

I've never used that program but my understanding is that in Design View, what you see is what a visitor to your site sees. In that view, you should not be able to see the code at all.... Did you type it in the 'Design View' or the 'Code View'? (I only ask because your screenshot is in design view)

Oh, well that would be a whole new bitch in and of itself... Without having the sound available online, you would need to open up a port in your firewalls (both on your computer and in your router) as well as setting windows to allow it to even access the song.

How are you turning in the assignment? If you are plugging in a thumbdrive and then showing your teacher/class then you can save the song onto the thumbdrive in the same folder as the html file and have this as the code.
    Code:
    <BGSound SRC="the_Hustle.mp3" Loop="1">
    I generally try to avoid having any spaces within a link (it used to cause problems... not so much anymore but its still habit) so just rename the song and put it in the same folder.

EDIT: part deleted

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  8. Brotato

In sharepoint, the screenshot that I showed you basically is design view. And yes it is to be turned in on a thumb drive. I saved the song in the same folder and use that code, but it still won't work.

If it was hosted on a site, would it still play automatically when the prof opened the website on her computer through the thumb drive? This is really pissing me off and is due tomorrow, this is one of the last things I need to do before it is finished and I'm pulling my hair out here.

9. dissonance

check your PM

10. Brotato

Actually, I'm a dumbass. I was in design view.