need slowing down

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cryptonomicon, Sep 30, 2004.

1. cryptonomicon

cryptonomicon verba volant, scripta manent

Feb 10, 2004
    So I try not to fuck up my computer too badly, and since I built this computer about 13 months ago, I've deleted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP twice, when things got slow, and that fixed it both times.

My computer's been noticeably slowing down lately, and I really don't want to have to back everything up and reinstall XP again. I'm thinking I've somehow ended up with spyware/adware on my computer again, and just need some help w/getting rid of it.

So my question(s):

What is the best/most effective spyware/adware removal program downloadable online for free?

Or is the only really effective way to buy the virus/spyware/adware software? If so, what is the best?

Anything else I could do on my computer (like, does defragmenting actually do anything for this?) Basically my problems are just lag time when performing actions. For example, before, when I would click to go to my computer or use my keyboard shortcut for it, the window would pop open instantly. Now when I do it, it takes about 3-4 full seconds.

Thanks for any help
  2. skybreaker

skybreaker Guest

easy to use, very effective.

click here!