Need help! Computer not working!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by thisgsx, Aug 5, 2005.

1. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

I need help with my computer guys. My computer doesnt boot up after I finished building it. POST doesnt load, it doesnt go into bios, nothing! My monitor is blank. I tripled checked everything and I cant figure out what is wrong with it. The motherboard powers up, fans are blowing, led lights on my case are on, but there's no power going to my harddrives, floppy disk drive, nor cdrom/dvdrom. The lights doesnt flash or anything like that. Turned off the computer, unplugged the IDE2 cable from the mobo, turned computer on, lights start flashing/blinking from my cd/dvdroms. Same thing happens when I unplug the other cables from mobo, but once I plug the cables back into the mobo, nothing happens! I am now confused as hell because this same thing happened to me before on my p4 build.
    Here are specs on my pc:
    amd 64 3500+ venice core
    msi mobo
    gigabyte 6600 gt video card
    creative labs soundblaster audigy zs
    1gig stick corsair

And about the p4 build, it had the same problem, everything was also brand new, installed everything but wouldnt boot up as this one. I thought the mobo was fried and so I went out and got that setup above instead. Everything is installed into the same case/tower and power supply.

2. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

Ok got it started up, but it wont detect any of my drives, I doubled checked all the jumpers, cables, and everything is set up right. The only drive it detects is my floppy disk drive.

3. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

IDE, I finally figured out what the problem was....it was the IDE cable, the end of the cable which is suppose to go into master is slave and the middle part of the cable which is suppose to go to slave goes into master,...its some weird shit...

....anyways, here comes another problem, my floppy drive isnt working, the light doesnt blink or come on when power is turned on. I unplugged the ide cable and left the power in, turned the power on and still nothing, my guess is the drive is fucked...what do you think???

4. sholnay

sholnay New Member

you should just use cable select next time - will save a headache.

Did you try reversing your floppy cable? they fit in either way and sometimes you can flip it wrong. Just a thought. try the same with the power cable to it.

5. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

Yup, the first time around I had it set at cable select. I think it wasnt detecting that either because the cable was fucked up.

Well I fixed the problem for my floppy drive. Problem was it wasnt even enable in bios and it was set to NONE under floppy. Thanks for all the help guys...I just hope I dont run into anymore problems. :)

6. sholnay

sholnay New Member

i hope it goes well from now on too! good luck ;)