Need Help burning an image file v. .toast?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by manchild, Apr 8, 2007.

1. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

So, I bought this game a year ago, lost the first disk (one needed to play) so I don't feel terribly guilty about downloading it via Torrents. Now, how do I burn it?

Here is the image file (it says .toast, its the Jedi Academy one)
    [​IMG]
    And here is the contents of the disk once I mount it using disk mounter (the readme is the manual from the developer, nothing to do with the torrent)
    [​IMG]

Any ideas? It installs, but says "Disk 1 is not in the disk drive, please insert disk one to play" Exact directions would be awesome (settings for toast or what not)

2. kamikaze

kamikaze Active Member

i don't think it has anything to do with the way you burned it, more so how it was ripped originally. Alot of game discs are mastered nowadays with intentional bad/weak sectors and the main exe knows where they are supposed to be. Alot of times when you try to rip said games, the program that you rip with might try to fix the bad sectors, and in effect screw up the copy. I could also be completely wrong as well :mamoru:

3. Morpheus647

Morpheus647 New Member

Have you tried just mounting that file instead of burning it? Toast can mount items just go to Utilities>mount disc image>where the .iso file is. Btw that game is awesome I just beat it a few months ago.

4. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

I've installed it, but it says Disk 1 is not is CD drive. If I could like edit the game to look for Disk on on my desktop, then it might work.

5. BlaqueMan

BlaqueMan New Member

hey i play this game! yea i had to mount the torrented version in toast also, i would reccomend burning it to a cd thouhg, that way you just insert it when you wanna play it and not take up unecessary space.

i play it alot though, my name is BlaqueMan. look for me!

6. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

How did you burn it in toast? I installed it perfectly, but when I play the game it says "Disk 1 not in drive". So how do I burn it? I really want to play this, its a great game (I owned it before, but lost it).

Like, take screen shots, or tell me exactly how to burn it. If it matters, I'm using TDK CD-R's to burn it.