Need Help and Opinions....

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by LongDongWong, Dec 12, 2005.

1. LongDongWong

LongDongWong U can call me Mr.Wong

have a 01 Acura TL 3.2 .......they have a recall on the transmission, I took it in when I received the recall, but at the time the dealership told me the car was showing no symptoms of problems with said transmission. During this time my car was still under warranty........now fast forward to present day, car is showing signs of tranny problems; I take into dealer and they find the cause to be the tranny.....they agree to cover the parts but Im stuck with the labor costs which comes out to roughly $1,080.00.(since my car is out of warranty)......Now is this right for them to do......? charging me the cost of labor.....which would have been covered had they fixed my car when it was under warranty and when I took it to them the first time even though it showed no problems.....? shouldnt they be entirely responsible for their screw up to begin with regardless if it's under warranty of not.......?

:sadwavey:

2. red97gst

red97gst New Member

if you can prove it, yes.

it never fails to amaze me that i dont know ONE person whos owned a V6 Auto Honda/Acura and DIDNT have the transmission die

But yeah that's pretty fuct. But if it shows that theres a record of you going in there to fix a recall, and they didnt fix it, i would think they are liable. More so if the recall has any relation to your current tranny prob. Do u know what the recall was all about/

I'm pretty sure dealers are REQUIRED to fix a recall.....but i'm not the person to ask since ive never owned a car under warranty

3. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

I worked for Acura for years replacing those damn things!! Depending on how many miles you have it should still be covered. If you are unhappy call Acura directly in Los Angeles and throw a fit about and or try to get Acura's district rep on the phone for your area and throw another fit about it and they will prolly crumble and cover the cost. I know of alot of people that just called and complained and they just said ok, and payed for the whole cost. My parents did the same thing with their 2002 Odyssey and got the entire cost covered. BTW there is a warranty extension on the trannys I think up to 100K miles now.

4. LongDongWong

currently have 113k on the ticker.....:wtc:
    I guess I could call and complain, hopefully it works becuase I dont wanna pay for their f*&# up to begin with....

5. LongDongWong

where can i find the number to Acura in Los Angeles.....and how do I get a hold of the District Rep. ???? Thanks

6. red97gst

red97gst New Member

use teh google?

acura you have a much better chance than with honda since they are all about customer service. Let em know you want to buy your "fiancé" an '06 TL, but tell em if they dont fix YOUR TL first , you and your entire friends and family will never find themselves in another acura vehicle

7. EcheloN

EcheloN OH NOES!

Talk to their managers bitch about it and in the end they'll most likely take care of the labor costs as well.

8. LongDongWong

its a no.....whined and complained till I was blue in the face.....but to no avail, they didnt budge....Im stuck with the labor cost to the amount of $1,080.00....but on a positive note, I have a new transmission = no charge....

9. EcheloN

EcheloN OH NOES!

If it doesn't work keep going up the chain as much as you can. I'm almost positive you can get it all free.

10. LongDongWong

problem is I cant any other numbers to call that is higher than their Customer Client Services....I know its BS but when I talked to the person @ their Customer Client Service which is basically Acura Headquarters they told me it was the highest I could go.........can anyone help me out with the numbers.........plus the person was reluctant to give me any numbers.