Need help accessing my mp3s...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by antiabercrombie, Apr 20, 2007.

1. antiabercrombie

antiabercrombie fuk u lemonardo OT Supporter

In the hose where I live, the computer is in a different room (on the other side of the house) and it has all my mp3s on it (guesstimate about 60gb).

In my room, I have a shelf "boom box" style 3-disc changer that plays CD-R/mp3 Cd-Rs, but I'm sick of making and wasting CDs to make different playlists.

What is the most cost efficient way to play mp3s in my room? iPod-style mp3 player with a lot of memory and find a system I can hook it up to? I thought I saw a "boom box" style system that could use a USB flash drive with mp3s in an ad, but I can't find it in any electronic stores. I'd like to gave ALL my mp3s available in my room, and if the mp3 player is the way to go, then what's the best player/set up? All the speaker accessories seem to be smaller and portable, and I was looking for something with more power and I don't really need it to be portable. And as far as the player goes, I would probably need 60-80gb+ but it would be for music ONLY. No videos, radio, or any of that needed.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  2. Harry V. Gina

Harry V. Gina How did your family do in Katrina?

Does your boombox have any kind of line-in?

3. C32

C32 *The M3 Executioner*

Um, whaaaat?

4. antiabercrombie

antiabercrombie fuk u lemonardo OT Supporter

Yeah, but I’m wanting a new set up that doesn’t include that boombox (it sucks). I was looking for something with more power (I think the one I have now is under 200 watts).

I’d prefer some kind of docking setup where it keeps the mp3 player charged, instead of a line-in setup where I have to constantly recharge the mp3 player.