Need For Speed: Undercover

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by CodsterTX, Aug 26, 2009.

1. CodsterTX

CodsterTX OT Supporter

Why did this game get so much hate? I'm having a good time with it and hardly any hiccups when installed to the 360 harddrive.

[y]HlKEpD_dvBo[/y]

2. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

maybe ill take it from work again. didnt get a chance to play it last time i took it since i was busy with other games. from what i did play at work, its most wanted all over again really, which is good enough for me

3. NeonImpact

NeonImpact New Member

what hiccups did it have before installing it to the HD? :dunno:

4. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Dunno, I love the game.

Sometimes super realistic racing for 75 laps to win a vw lupo gets old, undercover is a fast paced game with exciting races and for the most part a pretty kickass sound track. theres only like, two rap songs that are in it thank god, I have to restart races to avoid them though, can't seem to find a radio control button

5. CodsterTX

CodsterTX OT Supporter

alot of the reviews said the framerate was horrible and glitches, even worse on the PS3

6. CodsterTX

CodsterTX OT Supporter

yeah, i wish it had the playlists from most wanted.

7. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

i played it on the ps3 it was pretty bad sometimes, reminds me of the slowdowns I saw in GTA4 on the ps3 too, but the xbox version never has that problem. dunno why its like that and can't argue for or against either one :o

so I got the PC version and use my xbox 360 controller for it (buy a wired 360 controller and it works right away just plug it in) and it runs flawlessly at 1680x1050 full detail on my q6600 / 9800gt.

Way better on the computer imho

8. Los

Los Active Member

probably because its the same game that was released in 2005.

9. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

I liked it

10. CodsterTX

CodsterTX OT Supporter

can most games use the 360 controller on pc? does it feel like your playing a 360 game? im thinking about getting a gaming laptop and a 360 controller to bring to work :eek3:

11. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Some games recognize it immediately, like Fallout 3. The stock controls when you select controller for Undercover work good too without messing with anything.

I've only run into two games that give me trouble, mainly oblivion. It has no idea what the right stick is or that you're even using a controller while playing.

The other is Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It works fine, nothing wrong, but the keys that appear on screen don't match up with the keys on the pad. Like, if it says "push b" you'll have to push y. I can't seem to set it up so it doesn't do that. It's only a big deal when you run into a special scene when you're supposed to push the buttons that appear on screen, kinda like when you're killing a boss in god of war. otherwise it's basically a non-issue.

Everything else it works perfectly, and yeah when playing fallout 3, undercover, psychonauts, test drive unlimited, etc it's just like playing the xbox, you won't need the keyboard for anything. pretty bad ass, plus the mad catz wired controller is only like $25 at walmart. It works with all emulators too :bigthumb: get xpadder if you wanna use it for old dos games or something, or if the game you're using has no support for controllers. xpadder remaps keyboard buttons/mouse movement/mouse buttons to work on the controller works like a charm. oh, and you'll have to download the xbox 360 controller support if you're on XP. its a small download should be easy enough to find.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  12. CodsterTX

CodsterTX OT Supporter

i have 2 wireless controllers. i'll probably just buy that wireless reciever for $20

13. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

I think the wireless one works with vista no prob, but you might run into problems if you're on xp. I'd check into it/google it before buying one.

It's pretty bad ass though, for the most part it works flawlessly. I've had several ps2 style controllers over the years and the xbox 360 controller is far better in every way.

14. CodsterTX

CodsterTX OT Supporter

i think they stopped making the wireless reciever, they are going on ebay for $40+ and cant find them new anywhere

15. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

that blows. the cord on the wired one is really long, so you might want to get some twisty ties or something if you're going to use it with your laptop.

best buy/circuit city no luck? i'd just check the local target/walmart before giving up on it though.

16. Twinsen

Twinsen OT Supporter

I may have to run through the game again after Batman. :dunno:

17. Madness

Madness Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is no

seiously? I've got two sitting here unused.

18. Chanandler Bong

Chanandler Bong OT Supporter

i have too many racer games as it is

i only got the second car, but it was an elise. no competition :o

19. Juggaman

Juggaman OT Supporter

:werd:

Its a fun game, but once I got that car I was smoking everything. :hs: