Need For Speed: Undercover

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Boomdart, May 19, 2009.

1. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

FTW

I swear these people know how to take an old dying game mechanic, totally rework it, and make it fun again every single time.

There are some things I don't like about it, but they are vastly outweighed by how enjoyable it is to keep winning races.

What I do and don't like at the same time, is how often the story seems to progress, almost seems like the game won't take very long to beat the way things are going so far ~2hrs of play max, probably much less I forget how long I played.

You don't go 16 races without seeing something happen, stuff is always happening and you're always being involved with something, the flow of the game is very nice.

The cars drive awkward at first, but after you get some races won and figure out how to tune your car right (as well as upgrade your car ofcourse) the cars start to handle better, and theres a mechanic that if you beat races in a certain time or meeting certain requirements it's called "domination" and you get extra points in many core attributes of your car. These points, I imagine, increase how in tune your driver is with your car and your car acts better as you increase in skill.

The game also has a funny way of making you feel like a superhero driving god because it sort of senses what you're trying to, for instance if you need to make a J turn and put in the right inputs the car will jack knife around and get you goin' right.

Pretty good game, at least worth a try. I hate the constant day and wierd looking always rained on earlier roads.

2. Dogz

Dogz interior crocodile moderator

Ive been thinking about getting this for some time

3. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Not a bad game at all.

There seem to be no weather effects or day/night changes at all though, I'm wondering if somewhere I missed an option to enable/disable that :dunno:

I'm playing it on PC and it definably needs a powerful computer. My quad core q6600 + 9800gt + 4gb ram is just enough for 1680x1050 maxed graphics, was considering lowering the resolution to let it run better. Runs fine, but it could run better I think.

Oh yeah, and the soundtrack kicks ass, all kinds of stuff I've never heard before. Theres a little rap in there, don't like that, but lots of other neat songs.

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  4. Twinsen

Twinsen OT Supporter

Game is terrible. You can't lose.

5. NeonImpact

NeonImpact New Member

I have it and love it. It's never a dull time and there's so much to do! :eek3:

6. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

It is kinda easy to just win the races, but it's a lot harder to get domination status in them all, especially since you only have one shot at it.

:werd: Game keeps you playing because it's so fast paced, it's almost like watching a movie with short races that you control :o Everytime you're done with a race, if you're not watching another cutscene you practically have your next race ready to go immediately after completing one.

7. Dogz

Dogz interior crocodile moderator

Ill buy it overnight

8. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

The fuck :ugh:

I've been doing fine with my Mitsu Evo X w/ all race spec equip up until this guy named Nickles challenged me to a race.

Fucker shows up in a viper on a highway battle and just leaves me in the dust with no chance what-so-ever WHAT-SO-EVER what-so-Fucking-Ever to catch up, none, not a chance in hell.

Using a trainer I got 2.5 mil $ bought a lambo, modded it, and still couldn't even come close to keeping up with the fucker :mad: The fuck the game expect you to do? I only had $80,000 before the cheat, barely enough to afford any decent car let alone one that could trump him :o

I finally beat him with an aston martin db9...but fuuuuck, wtf? In this race if you get 1000ft in front of the opponent you win, it only took like 10 seconds for that viper to do that each time, I only got lucky when he wrecked once and I could pass him in the aston and stay in front :o

Now I bought a mustang gt500-kr and modded it and it won't let me save my game :wtc: stupid trainers fucking up my save file :o

9. Madness

Madness Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is no

I thought it sucked.. traded it in to gamestop for 17 bucks and piece of candy. So easy my house-mate's half-retarded ADHD dog could beat it, the cut scenes were annoying and predictable, and gameplay boiled down to outrun cops here, crash into rivals there; the most fun I had was painting my Lamborghini different shades of green.

cliffs: incredibly repetitive and boring :down:

10. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

It's a racing game though... ever played a racing game that isn't incredibly repetitive? :o GT games have you racing the same race for an hour, in that time you could get a lot done in NFS

The game for some reason turned on extra hard mode for me, I'm in a maxed out lambo and some of these douchebags are still owning the hell out of me :hs: