Need firefox help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BiggDoggUNC, Nov 21, 2004.

1. BiggDoggUNC

BiggDoggUNC Show me a good loser... and I'll show you a loser.

Any help is appreciated.

Everytime I open firefox, I get this error message:

TypeError: window.document.getElementByID("autoshowbutton") has no properties

IE opens and works fine. I uninstalled firefox 1.0, then re-installed it, same problem. I uninstall 1.0 and all previous versions of firefox, same error message. :sad2:

I made no changes to it recently, firefox (safe) opens fine, but in that mode none of my extentions work. Any suggestions of what I can do, I'd appreciate it. (PLEASE, I don't want to have to use IE :noes: ) I also did a virus scan, came up empty. I'm not too computer savy so I have not sure what that error message is telling me, but I did a search in google for that message, didn't come up with much that could help me.

2. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Sounds like one of your extensions is messing things up, since it works in safe mode with extensions disabled but not in regular mode. What was the last extension you installed?

3. BiggDoggUNC

the last one I think was the unlinker... but I shut down the browser, and computer after I installed that, it worked. But now, I can't even get the safe mode of firefox to run... this shit is pissing me off.

4. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

I would backup your bookmarks and such by hand, then completely delete your Firefox user data folder (I'm not sure where it is on Windows, but someone will) and reinstall Firefox. You'll lose your extensions, but you'll have a clean slate to work from.

5. BiggDoggUNC

thanks, I was hoping there was another solution, but I figured that's what I was going to have to do...

and I can't even find where all that user data is located (google search turns up little, but maybe I'm searching the wrong terms)

6. BiggDoggUNC

... okay, found a solution, I just created a new profile, and it took. Thanks for the help guys