GUN Need final parts for my 700P.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Small Block LSX, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

2. This is the Harris that I use and love.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=155546

I find that the 6-9 inch gives you the most useful range of adjustment for shooting prone on a flat surface, or uphill.

I'm guessing you'll need at least Medium height rings for a 50mm objective scope, but I'd seek advice from other people too.

3. Small Block LSX

I want the objective to rest right above the barrel. I don't like when they sit too high!

Oh, and UPS was good to me today!

4. I don't know if there's a quick and easy way to measure the ring height you need, but you could find objects of various height and put them on your scope rail and set the scope on them until you get it where you want it, then measure them. Or you could try to work it out mathematically, knowing that a 50mm objective has a radius of 25mm, and add in a little extra for the tube around the lens and a small gap between the bottom of the tube and the barrel. Then figure your base's height over the barrel and you should be in the ballpark with the height of ring you need.

5. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

I've got a 50mm on a set of burris signature rings. The rings are exactly 7/8" from bottom to center, plus whatever the standard bases are. This leaves a cunt hairs clearance on my savage 10fp w/bull barrel. I highly recommend these if you are going for cheap. That said, if you want to be an operator get a proper badger base and rings.

6. Small Block LSX

Thanks for the help so far guys. I went to pick up my rifle today. I drove the 35 miles to the range, filled out the paperwork, and got delayed by NICs. Said it could take up to an additional 3 business days. :ugh: No idea why as it didn't give a reason. Fucking pissed... :hs:

7. Do you have a common name? Did you list your SSN on the 4473?

8. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

I have been delayed at least a day every time I've bought a gun.

I believe this is due to my white house security clearance, as others in my organization have had similar experiences.

9. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

Brownells has a great video on how to do it quickly

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/GunTech/NewsletterArchive.aspx?x=v&p=0&t=1&i=821