WEB Need Feedback! Dealership Website.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by scaryc, Sep 20, 2007.

1. scaryc

scaryc New Member

I'm working on a website for Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver. I need all the feedback I can get. This might be the biggest project I've ever done, and definitely the most important. The site needs to be top notch and there's something I don't like about it. :wtc:

I developed the site with Joomla along with a component I purchased called EZ Autos, which works great. My favorite feature of the site is the lightbox effect for the photo galleries. Most of the photos of the cars are really small because I just pulled them from the current website. Click on the SuperAmerica to really test out the lightbox effect.

I'm a college student that happens to work for the owner of the dealership and he offered me the project. As I'm still rather new, I need all the help I can get. I've been staring at it for so many hours, I need some different eyes to look at it.

Thanks for any feedback, criticisms, or compliments. :wavey:

http://rossdev.net/fmov

http://ferrarimaseratiofvancouver.com
    (current site to be replaced)

2. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

You did a good job. I imagine there was a lot of work for you involved. But I gotta be honest when I say this... The old site looks better.

3. pkr

pkr Guest

The second link you gave is a better functioning site. The one at rossdev is hard to navigate.

There is a lot of amateur work going on (the gradient on the image... the over usage of Arial font ... etc) I cane come up with more but hopefully you get the idea.

4. scaryc

scaryc New Member

Ouch :wtc:, do you have any suggestions, main reasons you like the old site better?

5. scaryc

scaryc New Member

please mention anything else you can find, this is why I said I need some new sets of eyes, some things I just can't pick up, thanks for the input :cool:

6. orangecuse

orangecuse OT Supporter

I think your site has potential. I would play around with your top navigation. It kind of looks weird with 1.5 rows of links. Also I think there is too much breakage with the red and the white towards the top/top right area.
    I would also consider using an image for shading around the sides and edges of your body.

I think their old site from a pure visual prospective actually looks pretty bad.

7. ian2000gsxr

ian2000gsxr New Member

yeah i was gonna say the top nav needs some work. it's kinda hiding up there imo. otherwise i think it looks good

8. pkr

pkr Guest

This might help you out a bit

[​IMG]

9. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

take a look at this site. I would model off this one. It was where I was going to buy my ferrari.

www.exoticars.us

10. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....