Need Digital Camera Recomendations/Opinions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SiD Fresh, Jan 2, 2003.

1. SiD Fresh

SiD Fresh Guest

2. JazzHound

JazzHound Guest

Really that is your best bet. They're the most comprehensive site on digital photography I've ever come across and many would agree. Since the ceiling on how much you're willing to spend is 2-300, the choices are within the 2.1megapixel category. Canon has the Elph line of cameras. Very sleek design, good amount of features, an AVI (video clip) option, using Flash cards format. Nikon have some within those ranges but honestly Ive never researched them. Reason I mentioned them was they're also a good tried and trusted brand. Kodak I would stay away from as a friend works for them have attested anything in the 2-300 range isnt worth bothering with. Check the site and read the reviews.

3. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

4. Aimless

Aimless Resident drunkey

I second the S330.

A review I read earlier (actually a comparison with other similar cameras) really liked it.

Stats and review text.

and a price comparison here

Last edited: Jan 3, 2003
  5. DwnRtPnoy

DwnRtPnoy New Member

6. morecomplete

morecomplete Guest

7. mox

mox Guest

Fuji FinePix 3800. 3MP, 6x Optical Zoom

8. SiD Fresh

SiD Fresh Guest

Thanx guys for your help. I'm leaning towards Canon 330 (around $270 + shipping) . But I'm gonna have to upgrade the meomory from 8mb to atleast 32mb.

I don't know why camera's don't come with more meomory standard. :confused: :confused: :confused:

9. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Nikon CoolPix. :bigthumb: I've had this camera for 3 years, best camera I've ever had. Could probably find one on ebay for under $400.

10. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

I'd upgrade to at least a 64mb card.. and just FYI.. if you have a Sam's Club around you they can be found super cheap there somtimes.. we got a 128Mb card for out Powershot S110 at Sam's Club for $40.. almost a year ago :cool: