Need Diet help, must be doing something wrong

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Pride43, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pride43

Pride43 New Member

i typically will eat between 1500-1800 calories a day. Itll mostly be protein, and each meal will have protein in it. I eat about 5 small meals a day. I take in about 160-200 grams of protein a day. I weightlift 5 times a week. I only do cardio about once a week though. I weigh 175 pounds and am about 5'10. I used to be 220 pounds last year, then lost alot of weight but also muscle. it was recently i started changing my diet to good eating, rather than jus eating very little to lose weight. About 2 months ago i changed it to the diet, and have gotten stronger, but still am having trouble losing weight. I have been about 175 for about 2 months. Is there something im doing wrong

2. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

you are 175 and trying to lose weight?
    from your paragraph the one thing that sticks out to me is "i only do cardio once a week". If weight loss is your goal, then cardio every day will do it as long as your eating clean (which is the case).

3. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I'll echo the more cardio. Keep in mind that if you just recently started lifting you may be converting some of that fat to muscle which would make it appear that you aren't losing any fat when you are.

4. Pride43

Pride43 New Member

no ive been lifting for 4 years, it was just a year ago however i began to eat better, im have some belly chub i want to lose. but ya thanks i must lack cardio

5. keeler

keeler New Member

you said your definatly stronger now, so that normally means you've increased your muscle mass. if you've increased your muscle mass and stayed the same weight that means you must have lost fat. my suggestion would be to keep up the good diet, maybe up the cardio, and start taking pics/measurements instead of relying on the scale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.