need dhtml/javascript function written - $50

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Kewlb, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Kewlb

Kewlb New Member

Hey All,

If anyone wants to make a quick $35 sent via paypal or neteller I need a quick function written for me.

I need a Slider written for me. The script should contain 4 sliders that increments/deincrements a value in one area and also increments/increments a value in another area

the script itself should have 4 sliders and 5 text areas (areas shouldn't be able to be edited)

example:

INT: (slider here) (text box with value, non editable)
    WAR: (slider here) (text box with value, non editable)
    POL: (slider here) (text box with value, non editable)
    CHA: (slider here) (text box with value, non editable)
    POINTS TO DISTRIBUTE: (text box with value, non editable)

the default value for each text box after the slider is 40, the default points to distribute is 100. The slider should be at the begining by default (value of 40) and go to a max value of 90. When you slide a bar forward on any given statistic it should increase the text box value and decrease the points to distribute. if a slider is moved back it should decrease the value next to it and increase the points to distribute (but no stat can be lower then 40)

if you think you can build this function for me then post in here.. the first person to post that they can do it will get the project.

I really dont care if you rip a function straight off the internet and just tweak it to suit my needs; however you should ensure the color scheme, etc.. matches that of the site it will be put on.

see: http://www.ageoftyranny.com/dev/register.asp for the page it will go on.

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

This sounds like homework to me. I guess not. Anyway, you should try... whats that site where you can hire an Indian on a per job basis?

3. Kewlb

Kewlb New Member

nope, just not very good at html/javascript and no real way to do this in pure ASP.

The site itself is rentacoder and yes if I do not get a response here that anyone feels like doing it I can have it done for $25 at rac and it will work perfectly.. as I stated before I try to keep work in the USA if at all possible and then if I can not get something done for the cost I am willing to pay in the USA then I will post on rac and sub it out for HALF the cost I am willing to pay and it always gets done.

If you still think what I was offering a few weeks ago is such a bad deal why don't we make a wager.. especially since I enjoy gambling. If the website I am creating does not generate $35,000 USD in its first year in operation I owe you say $1,000 (I can go a lot higher, but believe this is all you could probably afford). If it does generate $35,000 or more then you owe me $1,000. We can each put $1,000 in escrow right away which will be held there for a period of 1 year from the opening of the site. (I can also work it out so the account draws interest so the winner actually gets more then just $1,000 in profit). I will give you full access to the books and tax returns we file at the end of the year for the LLC so you can see the full profits/losses and thus if you won/lost the bet. Since what I was offering was such a bad deal (25% ownership in the company) you should easily take this bet.. right?

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Dude... why would I want to bet on your silly website anymore than I would want to write code for minimum wage? I generate my own value through my work, and it pays off in American wages.

Here's an idea. I was gonna give a thai crackwhore $5 to blow me. But I like to help out Americans first... so... you up for it? I'll pay you $10. Aren't I a nice guy? :big grin:

5. Kewlb

Kewlb New Member

If I were a crackwhore who needed said money I would take the $10 for 45 seconds worth of work.

The simple fact is you continue to put down anything I post when all of my offers are fair if you knew all the details. I do not think it would take any longer then an hour for any adept html/javascript person to write the above function which works out to close to $50/hr for the work. In fact, I believe I could search on the internet and piece something together myself, but it would take me about 2-3 hours to do that which is better spent writing code instead of doing the research.

If you don't like my offer, don't post.. its that simple, but you seem to enjoy trolling.

6. Kewlb

Kewlb New Member

also I would like to point out that I am also offering to pay for something that some people might even provide for free on these (or other) forums.

I am billed out at close to $300/hr when I do work. (router and switch configs and VoIP configs w/ CallManager and Unity (cisco products). however if someone on here asked and needed help with a router configuration or asked for something like an advanced bgp route map to be written for them I would provide it free of charge.. I would not charge them $300/hr for my time.

I think offering to pay for something that some people just enjoy doing (coding) for a rather medium skill level function more then adequite. Heck on cisco netpro and some other forums I help people write their router configs all the time and certainly wouldn't knock someone offering to PAY for help with a router config.

7. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

You ask people to do this work for you as a regular part of your business. This is why you get flack. You're trying to exploit kids to get them to work for nothing, thus you are wide open to shit on.

8. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Actually, I would give it a shot if I thought I could get it to work. I always like trying different things and if I get some time this week, I'll do some research. I'll post if I get anthing.

I don't think his offers are that out of line considering some of the programming jobs out there, for students, are only in the $10-$15/hr range. For me it's not about the money yet, I like learning new things and having a monetary incentive is just extra motivation. Too bad I haven't developed more web skills yet.

9. mace

mace i don't read

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  10. mace

mace i don't read