Need detailing advice

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by k2737, May 26, 2006.

1. k2737

k2737 Active Member

My previous car was a white Grand Am I would clay bar it and use some 3 step Meguiers wax treatment on it. Did that about 3 times a year always looked pretty good. Now I have a Red car and I am going home this weekend and I figured I will wash/wax it. After I was and clay bar it what is a good product I can use on it? Something that is sold at like advanced auto parts would be good too. I don't have a buffer or anything so this will all be by hand. Is there a good 1 or 2 step treatment I can do to make it look good? The car is in very good shape so this will be more like a protective treatment. Any advice? :x: Pic of the car for refrence.

[​IMG]

2. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Just use the same 3-step process you did on your old car.... I assume you're talking about the Deep Crystal System with a Cleaner/Polish/Wax? That should be fine to use.

3. k2737

k2737 Active Member

I think so, they were in a redish bottles.

4. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

If you where ahppy with what you used before, you should be content useing it on your new car as well.

You might find that you get a little bit better result on the red, useing a differnt wax though. Perhaps somthing like Meg's #26, or if you can find it Meg's #16, both would add a deeper wetter look to the car, that you might find more appealing.