Need cpu fan for Athlon 3000+

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Vlasic, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Vlasic

Vlasic Guest

i am currently running an Athlon XP 1600+ with a loud ass heatsink fan. I just bought an Athlon XP 3000+ barton cpu and im gonna need a new heatink fan. i wont be doing any over clocking. im not looking for anything real fancy and expensive, but i dont want a piece of shit either. just something that willg et the job done and wont be too damn loud. any advise?

2. gutterslide

gutterslide Guest

i just bought a Zalman 7000A-Cu for an Athlon 64 3200+, $40. i'm picking up the processor in 4 hours. W00t!

the aluminum/copper version is only $32.

they're supposed to be very quiet and very cool. i'll let you know in about 4 hours. :big grin:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2004
  3. Vlasic

Vlasic Guest

the parts for my new PC wont be here for a few days so i got time for some input :)

4. gutterslide

gutterslide Guest

checking in to report that the Zalman 7000 is truly silent, and very powerful. i thought i could hear a tiny whirring from it, but upon further inspection, it is the tiny chipset fan on the vid card. that's right, the 1" diameter fan on the vid card is many times louder than the 4" diameter cpu fan, even on the highest speed setting.

i have no report on the temps yet, but i'm impressed.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2004
  5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

zalman cannot be beat for cooling while remaining quiet.