need computer help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 626, Jun 6, 2005.

1. 626

626 New Member

so my processor on my old motherboad finally gave in...thing is it was a built in processor so we are basically rebuilding it. we bought a new ABIT motherboard VT7 and a new processor. but when we tried running it after setting it up it wont start up. i was thinking since windows is still installed on the hard drive it may be causing this problem, but when i try to zero it out i cant. it wont read floppy's nor ROM's. can anyone PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!?? it would be really appreciated.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

this is what you get for buying abit. They are the most picky mobos on the market.

Can you elaborate on your problem? What error comes up? What does bios say you have attached as far as drives are concerned? can you boot from a cd?

3. 626

626 New Member

abit worked in price for me :(

well the only error that pops up is windows wasnt correctly opened so it asks to start in safe mode, from last good config, and start normally, each option the computer ends up reseting it self. the bios is updated, but when i view the arrays it doesnt find my hard drive. but when i go through the set up it notices it. i have all drives connected. floppy as first boot and so on. and i tried booting from cd but it doesnt do anything...anything else i can elaborate on???

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

You need to boot to the windows xp setup disk, and format your hard drive. Depending on how you have it set up, you may need to load the RAID driver from your mobo (should have come on a floppy)

5. JimboJones

JimboJones Guest

You might not need to completely reformat the hard drive, but at the very least you will need to to reinstall windows. After that you should be able to get back into Windows and then you could back up whatever files you might need and then you could reformat and start over again with a clean install.

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

please do not listen to this. just reformat.

7. 626

626 New Member

\

i reformatted it and nothing. even bought a new hard drive and still gave same error. but this time it actually starts windows and looks at the configuration, but when its about to give me the options whether to install windows, or partion drives etc. it gives me a different error. saying make sure my hardware is installed properly. ive gone over it a million times and it looks right to me. i have no clue what to do.