Need an amp+sub combo for $400-$600

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by NateMeister, Jun 15, 2005.

1. NateMeister

NateMeister Blah blah??

I currently have an Infinity BassLink and at the time, I didn't know what I was doing, so it was the quickest and easiest way to get some bass. Now I'd like better quality bass.

What combos would you guys recommend for good quality bass between $400 - $600? What options are there?

I'm serious about getting something together, so consider that shipping will be costly, unless there's a local way to do it (I'm in Davis/Sacramento area, but willing to drive to the SF Bay Area).

2. Maud'dib

Maud'dib It's always summer on the inside...

what do you want, SQ or SPL? and what size sub would you prefer? is space a constraint? what kind of music do you listen to?

3. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

I have an IDQ in a ported box. Then find a 300-400 watt amp, and you finish with money still in your pocket :o

PM me if you are interested. I am from the Bay. :)

4. johnson

johnson New Member

Do you have an HU already?

5. NateMeister

NateMeister Blah blah??

I listen to rock and alternative. My HU is the JVC KD-SH9700 with RCA out for front, rear, and sub.I currently have an Alpine MRV-F307 amp powering my front and rear speakers.

Just want louder and crisper bass, preferably crisper, than the crap that I have now (Infinity BassLink).

I have a 2001 Honda Accord sedan, so there's plenty of space on the truck. Only thing I transport, ever, are a set of golf clubs.

So basically, $400-$600 for sub + amp.

I have no idea what an IDQ sounds like, but I bet anything is better than what I have now.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  6. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

you might try a stout 10" or 12" in a sealed box. good punchy bass. You might consider a Diamond D6 with around 500 watts, should have you good to go. www.diamondaudio.com

7. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

Do a search. The IDQ subwoofer from Image Dynamics.