GUN Need advice....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bikeguy, Feb 13, 2003.

1. bikeguy

bikeguy ********

I'm looking at getting shotgun to go shooting clay pigeons.

I dont remember the exact model i was using only that it was a Beretta and it was over-under style. I checked beretta.com and saw some nice models but havent the clue what i should choose. I'm not looking for anything to extravagant but i want something reliable and at the same time something that can keep up if i decide to get competitive. (preferably i would like to stick with Beretta)

How much should i expect to pay?

thx for the help

Last edited: Nov 6, 2003
  2. taco

taco Guest

I think a beretta shotgun is like 1500-2000 dollars.

there are some websites out there that have gun prices. Personally I would just get a remington model 1100. they are alot cheaper

3. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

Yea, beretta's are quite expensive. if you are wanting to stick with the O/U style and willing to go with something other than beretta, look at Ruger. My dad has the Red label model and its very nice. (cost about 1k)

4. bikeguy

bikeguy ********

The Remington 1100 actually looks pretty nice and its a decent price, around $850.

How does the auto-loading actually work though? It has a capacity of 4. Will teh shot come out as fast as i can pull the trigger? Thats what i'm used to with the double barrel beretta.

5. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

Ruger Red Label I have this one Love it
    Browning Citiori
    Beretta Silver Piegon
    Remenigton 332 This is also a great gun.

Sporting Clays> Skeet

6. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

PERSONALLY I would go with and overunder design. at the place where I shoot sporting clays you can only have 1 shot per clay anyway (unless you get 2 clays w/ one shot then you get an extra whenever you want) so whats the point of having 1 in the chamber and 4 in the mag of a autoloader?

Now if you are going to hunt then an auto may be the way to go because you MAY need the extra shots to kill your game (should only need one though :fawk: )

7. bikeguy

bikeguy ********

But will the autoloader fire as quick as i can pull the trigger?

Edit:

Also, what are the differences i gauges? There's 12, 20, 28, all about the same price.

If someone can check

http://www.remington.com/firearms/shotguns/shotguns.htm

for me and offer a suggestion on the various 1100 models i would greatly appreciate it.

thx

Last edited: Feb 15, 2003
  8. taco

taco Guest

it will practically be as fast as you can pull the trigger. it is just like a semiautomatic handgun.

the gauges are the size of the barrel and the shell. the smaller the number the bigger. 12 and 20 are the most common. i would not consider at 28 at all. but for most purposes a 12 is the most useful.

also a benefit of the auto loading shotguns over the double barreled ones is that the autoloaders have less recoil.