Need advice

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Formula-95, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Formula-95

Formula-95 2:32 PM 5-13-09 Never Forget, Hamburglar OT Supporter

Ok, so i work over seas, and am home now on my vacation. I sent a friend (girl) a message over myspace saying 'Hey Becca, just lettin you know im back in town, call me if you wanna do something. 254-XXX-XXXX'
    I officially met her last time i was home. before that we met on the net. She's a really nice girl, very sweet, and i do like her. Not sure if she likes me though.
    Anyways, she called me yesterday and i was out of it cuz i had literally JUST got into town from a 20+ Hr road trip from Florida. I answer the phone and she's like 'Hey!!' and im like 'Hey!....who is this?' lol, anyways it dawns on me who it is and she asks me what im doing tonight, and i told her im going to be crashing hard when i get home. So she says, ok, how about lunch or something on Friday? I agree, not sounding too excited cuz, well, im fuckin tired at that point, and all i say is 'ok, call me on Friday'

so here's my question(s):
    1. should i appologize for not knowing who it was on the phone and for being so out of it? or let it go?
    2. is this a 'date'? or just goin out to lunch?
    3. what the hell should i do?

im normally the nice guy. i know, everyone says 'do the exact opposite of what you would normally do, but thats almost impossible for me, im just normally nice. But lately i've learned to turn it down a bit. so far i think i did ok 'playin it cool' i didnt make myself sound too excited about goin to lunch with her, but at the same time i wasnt rude or anything. i dunno. im lost. i've never been too great with the ladies. anyone with USEFUL advice, chime in.
    thanks in advance, -Tim

2. jesskasubercool

jesskasubercool Jesska.

just be yourself. i wouldn't say it's a date, but you never know. and dont appologive for what happened on the phone. i'm sure she understood you being tired and what not. and just go to lunch with her. :p maybe offer to pay or something. just incase it's a date. haha. :]

3. Formula-95

last time she invited me to lunch she payed before i could even whip my wallet out. i HATE it when a chick pays for me. i was like 'no...put that thing away' but she seriously insisted. damn stubborn women. lol

4. razi

razi New Member

this time whip it out first and say "You got the last one, it's my turn."

5. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Are you planning to be overseas for awhile or are you going to be moving back home soon? If you are going to be living there awhile then why worry about it? You can't have much of a relationship if you are that far away. Just hang out with her and have a good time and don't worry so much about what might happen.

6. Formula-95

thats true, and it is something i've taken into consideration. im not really worried about starting a relationship up with her...im more worried about leaving good impressions...making her want to be around me more. so when i come home every so often, she's gonna WANT to hang out with me.
    if that makes sense

7. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

In that case, don't apologize for not recongnizing her since you did nothing wrong and don't worry about whether or not it's a date, that's not important. Calling it a "date" just makes things awkward and brings expectations of what should happen. The best way to leave a good impression is to just be fun and casual. Flirt with her a little, joke around, tease her, just have a good time and try not to be too serious. If she has a fun time then she will want to see you again.

8. Formula-95

that all makes sense. thanks

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Don't apologize.

Plan a fun date activity. Lunch is okay, but I wouldn't recommend it for the actual date.

The best dates are activities that you enjoy.

Don't worry about if she likes you or not. Be yourself as mentioned before, but be the part of yourself that isn't nervous, desperate, or needy.

Watch her closely to figure out if she's the type of girl you would like to date for the long term.

Tease her in a friendly way when you see an opportunity.

Don't hang around once the date is over.

Oh, and read this:
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showpost.php?p=74436448&postcount=1