SRS Need advice.....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by turtlewax, Mar 20, 2007.

1. turtlewax

turtlewax Guest

OK, I posted on here a year or so ago about me loosing the love of my life for something stupid I did and then what she did. Since, she's moved out the state with her new fiance. I've moved on with my life, but not really. I've been seeing someone that makes me happy, but I always think of my ex. No matter how hard I try I can't forget about her. She has a not so familar name and when I hear it on TV or someone says it, she runs through my head like crazy. Well, Lastnight I was invited a mutual friends wedding. I was not even sure they still talked to her since she left the state. Tonight I sent the girl getting married a text message and asked if me ex was coming. She called me back, so I knew that meant, yes. She said "she told me she's coming, but she's getting married the weekend after". I didn't even know she was engaged. After hearing that, I could not focus on anything. It's amazing to me how easy it is to fall in love with someone, but so hard to fall out of love with them. I can not go to this wedding if she is there. There is no way I can party with her and the guy I was not too far from catching a case over. Do I just send a gift and let them know where I stand and hope they understand? As many women as I have been with and the life I used to lead, I never knew i'd be this messed up over one.

2. captainstan

captainstan this is horse cock in tiny mouth

I think its common to still have feelings for your ex. However it does seem like your having some trouble when it comes to getting over her. You might be in a relationship that isnt necessarily a rebound but since you still have such strong feelings for your ex it still might be considered by some a rebound. I think that if your truely not comfortable with seeing your ex at all you should explain it to your friend. If your willing to go there but would like to not see her at all I would try to explain that to your friend as well and maybe they can try to help out with that. It would be hard but it could be possible. Main thing is is to just talk to your friend about the whole situation.

3. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

You know maybe there's some unfinished business that you ned to take care fo with your ex. Like maybe you might have to sit down and talk to her and just kinda enjoy the conversation and talk. You might need that. My 0.02 cents.

4. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

I agree. Maybe seeing her again and talking to her a bit will actually help you get over her. It's been a long time since you've been with her.. are you really in love with her or are you in love with the thought of being in love with her? She's a different person now and she's about to get married to someone else- perhaps when you see her in a new light you will feel differently about her. :dunno:

5. turtlewax

turtlewax Guest

I thought about that, but I don't want to have a conversation about "where we went wrong". It's been over a year...We never talk anymore, but for some reason, I just can't let her go. I think her leaving the state was the best thing ever for me.....especially when the breakup was fresh and I was a basket-case. The fact that I knew I would never have to see her out with another guy really helped me. I dont want to approach her like i'm still dealing with this just to find out she totally over me....which i'm sure she is at this point. I mean for all I know she could be pregnant too. BTW, she wasnt just an ex GF. We were together for a few years and was engaged. She meant a whole lot to me. I know if I see her face, it may make it even worse for me. I just as soon tell our friends "here's your gift, but I can't make the wedding". I dont want to be there acting like an ass because I dont want to be around my ex and her new.