SRS Need Advice

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by CoinTrap, Aug 1, 2006.

1. CoinTrap

CoinTrap New Member

Okay, so here's the deal. I can never seem to find the words to ask a girl to be my girlfriend. I'm pretty outgoing around my friends and people I don't knoe even, but when I'm around a girl that I want to start a relationship with, I get very timid and can't seem to talk to her how I normally act with people. I find this happening to me over and over again, and I need some advice. I'm 20 years old and I've never had a serious girlfriend. I've had 2 "girlfriends," one that was a week and one that was 3 weeks. So, basically, it's ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I don't feel like I need companionship to function normally. It's just that I would like to learn how to be able to ask a girl out the next time the instance arises. I've watched too many girls slip away that liked me as well but I could never get out the words to say "hey, wanna be my girlfriend?"

If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

2. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

well first off i dont recommend asking a girl to be your girlfriend on the 1st or 2nd date :x lead up to it, last girl i was with it was kind of mutual.

i would suggest asking the girl if they want to hang out, if you 2 click, ask to hang out again. be confident and tell her your feelings most likely on the 2nd or 3rd date if you think its going well. then if the feeling is mutual, maybe have a couple more dates, then its pretty easy from there :p

3. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

well... i'm not too experienced but what i would do is hang out with the girl, go on a few dates, see if we click, etc.

on the dates ask what she's looking for in a relationship... if she says she's looking for something serious, then you know you've got a chance..

if she says she's just looking to go out and have fun then don't even bother trying the bf/gf shit

4. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

dont flat out ask "hey do you want to be my gf". that is middle school shit.

5. CoinTrap

CoinTrap New Member

well no, i do hang out with these girls. The girls I want to ask out are usually girls I've known for months if not years. It's just hard to ask them to hang out alone, or do something one on one. sorry if i didn'texplain that better earlier, but that's what I meant.

6. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

ooh, ok so you want help asking a girl on a date. big difference lol. Well you mostly need to be confident and be brave and couragous? lol. after you do it a couple times you become more confident and it gets easier. take it from me, i used to get really scared and nervous and would take myself out of it. just ask her to hang out, like you would to a friend. go to a cafe or something, not sure how old you are. Usually younger people will hit up a movie, although you wont really be able to take to her and find out what shes about.

but do not move to fast. Try not to confess your "love" for her the first date :p

7. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

8. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Why bother?? just play it your way, be free, let her ask you !

9. CoinTrap

CoinTrap New Member

Thanks everyone, we'll see how it goes once fall semester starts back up and I'm back at school.