SRS Need advice v.relationships

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kf4zht, Oct 25, 2006.

1. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

Well, I'm stuck right now. Usually I can jsut follow my gut on something, and it either turns out ok, or I have no one to blame but me. I would be greatful for any advise that I am given.

Pre-story: Out of highschool I went to georgia southern, mostly due to pressure from parents to stay in state, and lack of other colleges that made any sense. Fall semester freshman year I had a blast, all my classes I had taken in HS, hung out with some great friends, had a couple short relationships (nothing regrettable) and towards thanksgiving break I met a girl back at home and around christmas we got serious. She had gone to my highschool, and still lived at home. Next semester was more of the first, but I had this LDR going on, which was ok, still had fun (but got more busy). Toward the end I began to see what my major was really like, and didnt like what I was going to end up doing.

That summer I worked at a whitewater rafting company as the outpost manager. My gf worked there as one of the employees (DONT EVER DO!!) it was a long summer but I had fun overall, and made a decent bit of money. Things started to get rocky wiht the GF since I had now lived her I started to find some of the things she had covered up (personality).

The next year was very different, friends were either gone (alot transfered, got jobs, etc) or were too busy to do much. I was now in IT instead of comp E, and classes were alot easier. GSUs IT program was supposed to be a good one, but when I saw how it was, it was terrible. In a semester of java, you were doing good if you could generate random numbers by the final. I realized that it really wasnt for me, and despite my plan to not go back after christmas, my parents somehow conviced me to go "one more semester". This one was far worse. I didn't hang out with many people (im somewhat introverted, but like to hang out with intelligent people a decent bit) and classes got even dumber. Oh, and I am still with this girl (now a LDR again) who most of my friends refer to as "the dumb bitch", and I couldn't really argue otherwise. Between the relationship issues and school, I was going nuts. For the first time in my life, I would consider myself depressed. I stayed up for days on end without eating while figureing out the answer to some complex idea I had, only to pass out when I realized that I could not enact or try it. I built devices (i love to tinker, and without the ability to work on a car, i chose other things) with no function, other than to prove possibilty.

School ended and I knew I wasn't going back. I almost didnt come home, but I found a guarenteed job there before I found one with my other option (friends place in SC). The job has worked out great, I love it, and am planning on working there through college (starting night classes in spring) and hopefully they will give me a full time position before then and cover the cost of college. I am still open to an oppertunity to move out at any time (I would give up the job if necessary, but its all keeping me here)

Anyway that is the past, I know its long, but hopefully it will help you understand me a bit more (though if you claim you do completely, you're lying)

I had finally broken up with the "dumb bitch". Waited too long but, nothing better was available.

Unfortunaly I have hit a point where it would be very nice to be in some sort of relationship. There are not many people around here, and no really good friends that are always available. However there are two girls I have been chatting with.
    One is a friend from a camp I worked at, she is absolutly amazing (fun, smart (studying engineering) outdoorsy (very important), cute) best of all she was really into me for a while. The downside is that she goes to VMI, which is several states away, and being a military college, she has almost no free time. She is supposed to be back home (SC) for thanksgiving and christmas, and said she would really like to get together with me. The problem is that I think she is too busy, and doesnt need the strain of an LDR. Plus she is going into the military right after college, who knows where she will end up. But I think she would be perfect.
    The second is a friend from back in high school. There has always been somthing between us, but one of us always seemed to be involved with somthing and it never worked out. She is back at home and we have gotten back to talking, since we last saw each other on a sour note. She is a very high spirted, attractive person, but unfortunaly she is fairly naive (changing slowly) and somewhat immature. She would be alot of fun to be with, and we are living close to each other. The main downside is I doubt I could be with her forever (I dont like dating just to date) and do to her upbringing, I think any physical contact more than kisisng and backrubs, etc are out of the question.

Hoestly, in short it seems I had my chance with girl #1, and didnt take it, and girl #2 would at least be fun, but could get old somwhat quick. Unfortuanly it seems that I am really longing th comfort of being in a relationship, and the contact (physical and mental) of another.

Thanks to those who read all this...and even more for those that can offer advice.

2. harleysilo

harleysilo New Member

Well you are welcome for me reading all that. I graduated for GSU, but no in CS. I hated that school (loved the profs), going to school in the damn gheto (not really, but I hate panhandlers).

Since I was in kindergarten, I've only gone 3 months without being in a relationship of some sort. I understand your longing for a "partner".

Would #1 fullfill you need being it would be another LDR for you?
    #2 sounds like fun, plus you can always end it if you want, but if physical contact with her is going to cause too many issues it might not be what you want anyways.

Sounds to me, even though you don't like to date just to date, you need to look for someone new, and take the chance that it could work out...

So are you in GA or SC, R U still in school? Chances to meet a #3?

3. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

I think you are thinking of georgia state, i went to georgia southern, georgia southern is not really ghetto, more just in the middle of nowhere. Which I think is worse. I work within sight of georgia state now.

to answer your questions, #1 would be amazing, even long distance, but I dont think she would be able to do it, her school is a military one, and she has almost no free time.

yes there is a chance for a #3, I am starting back at school in the spring, but it will be all night classes, so I can keep working (I do much better in school when I am working, free time is bad for me) so it wont be like normal college.

4. harleysilo

harleysilo New Member

I am thinking of GSU as I stated. #3, in night school will be interesting. I took a bunch of night courses at GSU. Are you doing GSU? Anyways, night classes are a different group of folks alltogether. Most work full time, many have families, and I'd say the average age is more like mid 20's to 30's.

Pluses include chance to meet a girl who's already on a career path with good priorities. School related pluses include most all of your classmates are serious about school, which actually makes the whole thing easier.

Of course you are more likely to meet hot milf's too.....