Need advice v. F-250 Powerstroke Audio

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kf4zht, Feb 13, 2009.

1. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

I have a 1999 f-250 powerstroke. It is loud in the cab due to being a manual.

Currently I have 2 front 6x8s and spots for 2 back 6x8s and a clarion headunit with full outputs. I was planning on putting in a 4 channel amp and new speakers to help just get more power to the system. I have a 4 ga power wire in the back for emergency lights, sirens and radios, so I can use that since the stereo is turned down during calls.

What are some good 4 channel amps for decent money?
    Also what brands do I need to stay clear of (I shop pawn shops alot, this is more useful)?
    What kind of power should I look for? How many watts max with my current power setup?

2. HHOTEK

HHOTEK New Member

I would make use of dynamat to quiten the cab down making things louder is not really the ideal solution.
    But as far as amps go thats hard especially if your shopping pawn shops i picked up a fw really old school badass amps a couple weeks ago for less than 100$
    Clarion 4x75
    lanzar optidrive 2500
    jl audio 250/1
    sony mobile es 4x100
    that is a rare find though i would suggest going to the pawn shops with the trusty pen and paper make notes of what amps they have then post them here and me or someone else can give you some insight on which would be best.

good luck....spend some $$$ on sound deadening you will thank me later