Need advice on which MP3 player to buy

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by AggieZR2, Aug 26, 2005.

1. AggieZR2

AggieZR2 Now AggieZQ8

I just purchased a new corolla with the "premium" stereo system in it. My plan was to completely replace the factory system with aftermarket components, most notably an MP3 head unit like I currently have in my truck. I have however decided to keep the factory stuff and just look into say an Ipod with the tuner to play MP3s in the car. My first question is are there other players out there that have a tuner like the Ipod? Secondly, is the tuner a reliable source to play the MP3s over the system. I have a collection of about 200 or so CDs in MP3 format right now, so I am considering the 60G Ipod to hold all of them plus whatever else I add down the line. Am I locked into getting the Ipod because of my needs or do I have an alternative?

2. AggieZR2

AggieZR2 Now AggieZQ8

Ok, since no one has any comments, can someone at least tell me about the sound quality with the fm transmiters?

3. GapX

GapX OT Supporter

I know dell has a pretty good player not great its kinda small only like 20 gigs, sony has a new 20 gig player out too my brother has one it sounds good i have always have been a big advicate of sony, but i own a 40 gig ipod and it is still the way to go. Itunes is the best music program out there to use its so easy and free it integrates your pc with the ipod perfectly. The ipod is easiest to find the music you want out of the players ive tried and has amazing sound. With it you can also get the I trip which hooks on the top of the bastard and will transmit your songs right to your raido which is really nice cause it uses the ipod battery. My only complaint is the battery dosent last longer then 5 hours with the i trip but with just headphones prob 8 hours but if you get a car charger that solves all youre problems.=)

4. GapX

GapX OT Supporter

and with only 200 cds you only need the 20 gig i have over 1000 cds on my 40gig ipod with about 9000 songs, i have like 15000 songs at home and over like 1500 cds you dont have to get the 60 but it is nice and the fm transmiter is not the greatest but i have had no problems with good sound quality if bose speekers playing off your ipod is like 10 and shitty headphones are 1 then ide give the transmitter over your raido like a 6 or 7

5. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 New Member

iaudio x5 and dont use the fm things

6. SeaMack99

SeaMack99 OT Supporter

I have in iPod mini that I was happy with untill I dropped it. BTW I absolutly hate the iTunes software. Now Im sending it off to repair. When it comes back im definitly getting something else

7. Knucklehead

Knucklehead New Member

the fm transmitters have trouble in cities in my experience. A direct connection is not too hard, I would recommend looking into it.