WEB Need advice on this site.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by onedownfiveup, Nov 18, 2009.

1. onedownfiveup

onedownfiveup Active Member

I copied CSS code to recreate www.smitherscustoms.com and it's been like that for a year now.

Boss asked me if I can spice it up or redesign something while we are slow. Anyone know of something that will work well? Word Press? If so anyone know any themes that'll work well for that layout type?

2. Krakerjak

Krakerjak Active Member

This site begs to be run by wordpress

3. Swerve

Swerve OT Supporter

I agree, and it seems there are quite a few results in google for integrating oscommerce which your using.

4. brds

brds OT Supporter

Flash header with examples of work would look nice... if you don't know flash, download swishmax portable. Its what I used to do the header for www.hr.fsu.edu

5. onedownfiveup

onedownfiveup Active Member

Thanks for your advice guys!

6. Supergeek

Supergeek New Member

If that site actually makes money, it needs a lot of work to make it more presentable.

There are typos (copyright notice) and visual bugs on the front page (check in Firefox, IE6, and IE8), and the e-commerce area clickable picture ads have no products.

I'm not sure I'd recommend WordPress, but it is by far the easiest CMS to modify for a novice.

You could probably find an inexpensive ($20-$100) yet attractive template to adapt on any number of template sites: ThemeForest, TemplateMonster, etc. You'll just have to take the time to modify them.