GUN need advice on purchase.....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by VanCandy, Apr 6, 2004.

1. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

i want to buy a badass samurai sword. Problem,......i dont want a piece of shit sword i want a good one. can anyone give me any pointers on what to look for in a sword or a good brand or good link or anything helpful?

2. mrbill

mrbill New Member

3. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

you can find them at gun shows. if you educate yourself on what to look for, you can find WWII-era jap swords. i found three last show i went to, one of which had a crust right up against the hilt that could've been dirt, or blood. two of these had ray skin-covered scabbards, and one was just bare wood. all were in good or fair shape for the blades, and good to bad shape on the scabbards. they weren't that expensive, and the WWII blades are good.

4. Justin03R6

Justin03R6 New Member

There's a pretty broad range of swords out there. ~$300 for a WWII era mass produced sword. If it's to be a war era collectors piece that would be acceptable. On the other hand, antique, hand made swords are more of an investment item. There are also many factors which influence prices- the most important being the mei's (sword maker, or Kaji ) signature. prices range from $5000-$100,000 and up. I recommend a lot of research. You can sometimes find decent buys on mumei (unsigned) swords.