SRS Need Advice on how to patch things with GF

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Alchemist, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Alchemist

Alchemist Your Neighborhood Supplier

i said something totally fucked up to my gf of 4 months, basically bashing the gifts she got me for xmas and my bday (5 days after).

The thing is she busts her ass at work (server) and was working double shifts for most of xmas holiday. She spent more on me then on most of her family. I really do appreciate all she got me/did for both days, I just totally messed up. Part of me hopes when she gets up all will be forgotten, but I don't think thats likely. I already gave her the whole sorry routine, I am just wondering if you guys have any ideas on how to hurry the healing process or anything that could help, because I really do care about her. Thanks. :hs:

2. teo

teo . => ? => !

Actions speak louder than words. You have to show her you're sorry, not pay lip service to it. Why did you bash them in the first place?

3. ZeeMox

ZeeMox Opinions are like assholes. Fuck em. OT Supporter

I know how that feels - I've never done that with my gf, but I have with my dad, and I felt shitty afterwards. The horrible thing is that I really did like the gift, I was just angry and wanted something to get at him with. First thing is obviously an appology, but what's really important is that she knows it's a big deal to you that you fix your mistake. Taking her out on a really nice date or something might help - just to let her know that you aren't just passing it off as an "oops."

4. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

Well if you already explained it your best to her and your best apology didn't work. It's time to seriously make it up to her with actions. Maybe gifts too. Though she might scoff at them for revenge :| Take her out, etc etc make her know you're truly sorry. I'm sure you can do it :hs:

5. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

Send her a card, tell again what an ass you were. Have some flowers sent to her at work...That should do it.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

i would go something in the exuse line like this 'you know that 'x (fill in gift here' is really usefull to me, i didn't think it at the time and even bashing it ,but now im really happy you got it for me sweetheart.

Hopefully something like that will do the trick :x:

7. johan

johan Active Member

I think the apology will be accepted when it's genuine. Now, I'm sure you really DO feel genuine sorry at hurting her feelings.

But what I'm talking about is addressing WHY you think those gifts are beneath you. You indicate those gifts are not worthy. And by extension you indicate that your gf is not worthy.

Saying "I'm sorry" is just empty words, and frankly does NOTHING to address the real cause of the pain which is to attack your gf's stature as a person. Obviously she feels really deeply hurt by this.

Few things cut so deep as to be shown that your loved one doesn't respect you.

Buying her presents, saying I'm sorry a million times, none of those things really work too well, or accelerate the process, as you put it, because none of those things address the real root cause of why she's hurting.

Fix that, and the apology will have become real, and the pain will go.

Keep thinking there's some trick, some song & dance, some gift -- some way to purchase your way out -- that shows you haven't really understood just HOW you've hurt her.

You might want to start by getting on your knees and humbling yourself in front of her.

If anything YOU are not worthy of her, someone who busts her ass only to get shit on by someone who supposedly loved her.

8. hatedbyall

hatedbyall New Member

try using reverse sicology tell her that you feel bad and that if she doesn't trust you then yall should just be friends

9. Boogieman117

Boogieman117 PSN: Boogieman117

Example of what NOT to do.

Order of her favorite flowers (roses if she doesn't have one), and dinner and a movie lined up for her at some point.

10. ZeeMox

ZeeMox Opinions are like assholes. Fuck em. OT Supporter

If you care about your relationship at all, ignore this advice completely.

11. hatedbyall

hatedbyall New Member

I was like you once before and reverse sicology worked great and actually made us closer

12. Kytro

Kytro I am become death, shatterer of worlds

Reverse physcology ususally only works on immature and irrational people.

13. hatedbyall

hatedbyall New Member

which is quite a bit of women in the world

14. Kytro

Kytro I am become death, shatterer of worlds

Lots of people actually, but yeah, you just have to be careful with it that's all.

15. hatedbyall

hatedbyall New Member

well let him try it who knows he might get lucky