SRS Need Advice on GF possibly using drugs

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jimbobway84, Jan 6, 2009.

1. jimbobway84

jimbobway84 New Member

So a little background story. Ive been dating this amazing girl for almost 6 months now. I knew before we started dating that she used to have an addiction to cocain but that she was over it and didn't use it anymore. The last time she did it was right after we started dating, and she admited it to me.

Fast forward to the last week. She said she has been having cravings for it, but I think she does have the will power to say no. But I woke up this morning and go on the computer and she had left her msn on and signed in. But she also didnt close her last message window. I know i shouldnt have read it, but she was asking her friend if he knew anyone that had blow, and it was for her bf (me). I don't use drugs, and never will. I come home from work tonight, and she is so hyper, very very talkative, the things that she said she was like when she used to use.

Does anyone have any advice on how i should approach talking to her. I love her so much and want to just forget about it, but I can't.

I know I don't post much. But she doesn't read the forum, and we both have all the same friends, and I dont want anyone we both know saying something to her.

2. Fiasco

Fiasco New Member

Just be honest dude.

Are you concerned because you don't want her to use? Or because she is trying to quit?

If it's your own concern and her hiding it, just come up and ask if she is. Don't tell her how you know, just be nice and casual about it. Ask her why. At the end of the day though, it's her choice.

If she wanted to quit on her own without any pressure from you. Just tell her she seems a bit high and ask why that is? Let her blow some fireworks. KEEP YOUR COOL. Then ask her why she used and if she's really ok with it? Be very very supportive in this case. Just support her own choice. Tell her you will never use, you don't approve of a frequent/high level usage, but tell her it doesn't bother you much as long as it's under control.

3. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

what makes you think she would tell you if she was using? just assume that's the case. go to al-anon, get a book, talk to a therapist, something. I am sorry to hear this has happened.

read the other thread in this forum, about he guys wife. That is your future if she does not seek professional help.