Need advice on bulking...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Psyc0, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

Alright, well my situation is this, I am currently 6' and ~180-185ish w/ probably somewhere around 12-14% bf. I don't have a hard time putting on weight at all and its not TOO hard to lose it so i guess I'm probably a Meso? I dunno, never really looked too deeply into it

My situation is this, I am going on a surfing trip to Hawaii in December and I want to be in good enough shape to handle decent sized waves/have my weight low enough to paddle into the waves with a small board. In the future (long term goal) is to be somewhere around 190 and lean, I know that isn't going to happen by December, but, my question is...

Should I go on a hardcore bulk for a couple months and then start to cut untill the trip or would this be a complete waste? Or shoudl I just maintain my current weight/go on a clean bulk untill then? How much muscle can you realistically put on in 2 months?

Currently I'm eating about maintainance calories, doing cardio usually 3x a week (usually surfing and/or running) and lift 5 days a week. There are some semi-recent pics in the summer progress contest thread for reference

2. Phlab

Phlab OT Supporter

Which beaches are you gonna hit?

3. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

Not sure yet, but I'm headed to Maui and the north shore there can get scary big :noes: haha I'm gonna kinda play it by ear when I get there. My mom lives there so it will b easy for me to get around using her car/golf cart, whatever i want to use. I'm getting a new board shortly too 6'3" 2.5" 19 3/4" for you surfers out there :bigthumb: haha

4. Phlab

Phlab OT Supporter

I'm not familiar with Maui. I mainly surfed kailua during the summer.. Once you get away from the beach park, you can find some pretty killer waves. 2-6.5 feet usually. The shorebreak there is strangely close in though

5. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

I intend on exploring when I'm out there. My favorite waves are about 6-8ft faces but i'll surf double overhead if i'm feeling confident scary sometimes though.... especially if the break is heavy and stuff. I really just need to get in the shape to do double overhead meaning I'm gonna hafta surf right up till december in Cali haha brrrr

6. Phlab

Phlab OT Supporter

Well good luck man, i'll try not to derail this thread any more.. haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.