Need advice...met a girl at a party and...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by convolutedmind, May 20, 2007.

1. convolutedmind

convolutedmind Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss e

On Friday March 11th I flew back to my hometown for the weekend for Mother's Day. But on Saturday night I went to my friends new apartment and they had a few people over, a few of my other friends and a girl I hadn't seen before. Well, when I initially walked it I didn't pay attention to the new girl at all. After 10 minutes or so she invites me outside to smoke with her friend and I did and it was pretty easy to talk to them both. Well, in the middle of the party her and her friends go off to get food, and she invites me along but I decline since I don't like sitting in restaurants if I don't order anything.

She comes back about an hour later and I'm sitting on the couch and she tells me how I missed out, just making small talk and such. But by the time she got back I got really :420: from smoking a bowl. Anyways, she had to leave soon and I told her I'd walk to her car. As we went she told me that I was really easy to talk to and that, "it's hard for her to be herself around a lot of people"...so that kinda confused me, was she hinting at a date there?

Well, we get to her car and I ask for her number....but she doesn't know it....

She had just bought a new phone before the party and I watched her program it and start to charge it there, so aparently she didn't memorize her number yet and had left her phone in the apartment.

So I give her my number, and she writes down my name and number on an envelope she had in her car.

Another problem was that I will not be back in town till the middle of next week so I told her I would be out of town for two weeks and told her to call me.

I walked back to the apartment and her phone was still there so I know she wasn't lying about that...

But I really don't know how to re-establish contact again, I have her myspace but I don't like using it. It seems like meeting back up after two weeks kind of kills the first impression and the interest would deteriorate from the absence.

Should I wait till she calls me? When I get back in town should I try to get her friend to bring her to another party so it's not weird? Should I ask for her number on myspace? Ahhhhh. :run:

I felt a real connection with this girl and I really hope I don't blow it. :hsd:

2. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Ignoring her had a lot to do with you getting her attention, I'm willing to bet.

And you didn't tag along with them, another good move :bigthumb:

No idea, not that it really matters. What matters is if you are attracted to her and think she is the type of girl for you. If she is you should then:

Perfect. Right on track.

She doesn't know her own phone number. Think about how silly this is. You missed a golden opportunity to bust on her over this one.

This is all very plausible, and I doubt she was lying about her #.

This is where you have to "think outside the box." When an obstacle presents itself, you can't automatically give up.

Cell phones have this wonderful feature: caller ID. Had you gotten her to call you from her phone, her number would have showed up on your phone.

Problem solved.

This is less than ideal, but better than nothing I suppose.

The problem is, now you are in the feminine role of having to wait for her to call you. Which sucks.

Not a problem at all. I view this as a positive. It means you won't be physically around her, so you won't be able to make the mistake of seeing her way too much in the beginning.

And you should have picked it up and called your phone from her phone! Use your head for more than a hatrack!

Send her a short message:

"Hey, this is convolutedmind (apt username btw ;) ). Have you managed to solve the mystery of your phone number yet?"

Change it to fit your style, but that's the basic idea.

You got this girls attention by treating her like she's no big deal.

You can't change now and start showering her with attention. Play it cool.

Get her digits via myspace, and come up with a date plan for when you are back in town. Then call her up and invite her on the date.

Very simply, yet very effective :)

3. low20

low20 Member

^ haha wtf i think u have too much time on ur hands to break this down into suck intricate terms...damn haha maybe the chick thought he was hot, found out he had a personality and wants to hang out again...its not always some twisted up mind game, him ignoring her, which makes her attracted to him, and since he didnt go along that was a good move etc...lol

listen, sounds like u hit it off with the girl, id say, try to catch her on myspace or facebook and get her #, then call her a time or two before seeing her again, set something up for when u get back and go from there...
    its not as complicated as some make it out to be...do your thing , dont try to figure out her thining pattern....

4. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Yail hit it on the head, as usual.

5. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

You obviously don't understand attraction, at least as it pertains to women being attracted to men.

She doesn't even know him.

And it can't be solely based on him being "hot." Unless she's a nasty slut, which it doesn't sound like she is.

You are looking at this through your eyes. Women's mindset when it comes to attraction and dating is nothing like yours is.

The last 9 guys who tried to meet her showered her with attention and gave her anything she wanted.

This guy strolled in the door, paid her no mind, went about his business, and waited for her to come to him.

You telling me that was a coincidence? No way.

I agree, its not complicated at all. We're the ones who make it complicated.

1. Number
    2. Date Plan
    3. Call to invite her on the date
    4. The date itself

That's it!

6. convolutedmind

Thanks guys :big grin:

7. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

I didn't read Yail's post but I know it's pimp. You guys are lucky he doesn't go on a killing spree because generally nobody actually takes his advice to an internal level because guys feel satisfied with themselves just knowing that they went here and posted and asked for advice... and some (bad) posters confirm their opinions and that's all they need to keep acting the way they've always acted and continue receiving what htye've always received - no punani.

Not all advice is equal.

8. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Jkidd, it's not necessary to worship the ground Yail walks on...

Anyways, somewhat of a thread hijack, but I am just curious...what's your status right now? How old, single, etc?

I have an idea, I just want to see if they are anywhere near right.

9. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

:wtf:
    :wtf:
    I don't worship the ground he walks on

I worship the ground he floats over. dumbass

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  10. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

:rofl:

11. convolutedmind

I'm not sure if this is directed toward me, but I'm 21 and single, and the girl is turning 18 early next month.

12. low20

low20 Member

yail, i guess we have different viewpoints then.....u act as tho u have it all figured out tho, so if it works for you then (insert thumb up here)...

13. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I was asking Jk actually