need advice. gf putting on weight.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by babar, Mar 15, 2010.

1. babar

babar Active Member

problem is that she actually works out a lot, run a few miles every now and then too.

but she snacks all the times, and lately has been eating lots of fried foods. we both cook together (very healthy) many times, but she's still eats a lot of junk food in between.

so....she works out. we cook healthy meals together. but she eats bad junk food.

i think i have to say something. what do i do?

2. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

if she eats late at night, that's probably the root uv it.

imo just stop her next time she snacks unreasonably or eats late at night

i'd just be like "STOOOOOPP" in a very dramatic tone (jokingly of course) and when she asks why tell her eating late at night is bad :dunno:

3. THoC

THoC New Member

does SHE care? is she complaining about it? if yes then provide her tips such as her snacking habits.

does she not care? a lot trickier. my normal response would be to encourage her to eat better "for health reasons" but she already runs and cooks healthy.
    so i guess do as said above and make a joke about stopping.
    if she doesnt and it impacts your attraction to her you will have to sit and have a very unpleasant, but candid, convo.

4. RichieHemingway

RichieHemingway New Member

Tell her she's fat and then post the results.

5. snoodles

snoodles New Member

start throwing out some of the junk stuff and buy things like apples and what not. that way when she snacks it's healthier. initiate the new snacks too. if she snacks while you watch tv, go get the healthy snacks.

if it still persists you may have to take a little more head on approach, but like others have said, be gentle.

6. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

where did you fools hear this nonsense about late at night making any significant difference?

7. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

Get fatter than her to teach her a lesson.

8. wolfskymoon

wolfskymoon Guest

If she works out a lot she should be able to eat anything, maybe she has a thyroid problem or hormone imbalance.

9. VA197

VA197 New Member

You are treading on dangerous territory here. Just a warning, and you probably already know this, but weight is a VERY sensitive subject for women...we get enough shit about our looks from every outlet, our friends, the media, fashion magazines, ads on tv...and your girlfriend works out and seems like she is making an effort to at least appear to be trying to stay in shape. But on the other hand, she is sabotaging her efforts to stay in shape and be healthy by eating wrong and convincing herself that she has a 'high metabolism'.

There is something else going on here. She may be experiencing extra stress at work or school, or pressure from something going on in her life and food is an instant pleasure and women have a tendency to internalize our issues and punish ourselves when we are not happy...and sometimes we do that by getting fat.

You don't need to hurt her more by telling her she is gaining weight. Her clothes and the scale are already telling her that. What you need to do is help find out what is makng her unhappy and stressing her out to the point that she is eating herself into an unhealthy state. Maybe she is unhappy in the relationship and is pushing you away by making herself sexually unappealling to you? Whatever it is, you need to figure out the underlying issue is, and help her work through it.

If all you see is that she's getting fat and you don't want to fuck her, then you are pretty shallow, and only thinking of yourself. This woman needs a partner who sees more than her gaining weight and helps her figure out why she is eating comfort foods and deluding herself.

10. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

you burn calories slower at night so more of that goes to fat, basic calories theory :dunno:

what's your take on it

11. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

:ugh:

wrong. you can bust your ass in the gym but if you're eating 3 big macs for lunch and dinner you're still going to look like the michelin man

12. Kozzy McKoz

Kozzy McKoz OT Supporter

100% true

All summer I lift and do like 2 hours of MMA a day and still don´t lose weight because I go out for lunch every day and drink beer on the weekends FML

13. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

:werd: In fact, most places will tell you that diet is more important than exercise (although both are necessary).

14. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I tried confronting my ex about her weight gain when we were together and it did nothing, but make her feel bad and give her a reason to be mad at me. So good fucking luck with that.

15. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

its not "basic calories theory" its stupid old wives tale shit.

calories are a zero sum game. they have to go someplace. calories in vs calories burned.Eating too much, at any time, makes you fat. Eating less then you burn, makes you lose weight, and eating exactly what you burn makes you stay the same. time of day has shit to do with it. If anything, not eating for extended periods of time is detrimental to your metabolic rate, and disastrous for muscle mass.

the only reason "dont eat at night" makes any difference is because if you block off intaking any calories at the end of the day, you are quite possibly eating less, since you are doubtfully going to stuff your face beforehand when you aren't even hungry to make up for what you aren't going to eat because of your rule. The BEST is a steady regular calorie intake. small meals every three hours. that sort of thing.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/02/060202080832.htm

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=77740

"You have a set number of calories that your body needs to maintain your current weight. If you stay within your calorie requirements, your weight will remain the same. When you take in more calories than your body needs, you gain weight. This will happen regardless of when you consume those calories. Let's say that you can eat 2,000 calories a day and your weight remains the same. If you consumed extra calories at any time throughout the day, you will gain weight from those calories, not from the time of day that you consumed them."

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  16. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

basic calorie theory? niggah you dumb. :rofl:

17. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: ask me how I know this.

18. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

HOW YOU KNOW THIS?!?!?

19. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

most of the time wrong is indeed the word to use. I can eat 6 big macs for lunch and not even go to the gym and still lose weight, with the high metabolism granted to me :o

20. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Yeah ok kid, eat 6 big macs a DAY for lunch and see what that high metabolism does for you.

21. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

you're dumb

:werd:

I can destroy 3 large pizzas on saturday and still lose weight if my diet is tight the rest of the week.

22. just_another_on

Exactly.

Anyone can splurge once a day or a few times a month or what ever have you, but keep thinking that high metabolism will 'work' when you're taking in 4000+ calories a day and see what that does for ya.

23. babar

babar Active Member

alright read all of the responses....

we usually hang out at her place and there;s a lot more junk food over there than at my place, so lately i've been suggesting we sleep here. i have almost zero junk food, maybe a bar of chocolate. couple days ago she brings over a bag of chex mix and cape cod potato chips :rofl::rofl: and later in the night she heads for the chocolate bar.

we're both in medical school, so its very very stressfull.

its getting out of hand. last night we went for dinner, she was upset she didn't get tempura at the sushi restaurant (she forgot to order it). she then mentioned that she was going to get some candy for the movie. i suggest we go to starbucks instead (hoping she would get something smaller)...so she got a biscotti (not too bad). we get to the movie theater and she goes straight for the sour patch kids. motherfucker.

i dont think i have any other choice but to mention something

24. just_another_on

Speak up man

"Babe, you're eating like a fat ass and its disguisting"

25. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

^^ Don't actually say that :rofl: Not in those exact words at least.